Any software that could mix/merge two or more impulse responses (IR's)?

Don't laugh at what you have no clue buddy.
I want to make a combined/mixed impulse (IR) file to use it on Axe-FX processor, it offer 10 user slots for custom cabinet IRs and now i have to use 2 or 3 impulses per preset to have a sound i want. Mixing/combining impulse files to only 1 WAV IR file would help to save processing power (it is less intensive to use 1 IR than 2 or 3 ones at a time in realtime) and to have more "sounds" as i could have 10 different "tones" with 10 cabinets, not 3-5 cabinets like i have now.

deLuther, i still do not understand what you're saying. I have Cubase 5, i also could ask friends with Wavelab or Soundforge, or possibly other WAV editors to help me, but i'm not sure how to mix the IRs right, as one of tries already failed.

i tried it some time ago and failed completely:lol:
also posted this in the fractal forum but nobody could help...

i recorded a guitar signal with the cab block disabled.
then i copied this track three times and loaded three
ir's i wanted to mix into reverence. i played back the
recorded track and adjusted the volume on the three
tracks until it sounded good. then i removed the tracks
and loaded the same ir's n these tracks i used in reverence before.
then i exported the three ir's to one mono file and converted to syx.

(basically what SimonTaddio_Qc described one post above)

...sounded like shit...:lol:

that's why i use only one IR/patch lately!

so, you are not satisfied with your tone and you think that having some more ir's
will make it sound "better"?

how do you know that the tone that is
created before the amp block is right? ;)

the axe-fx has so many tweaking stages,
i just don't get the point why the most people think
that mixing cabs is the secret weapon of tone.
i guess one guy did it and the rest ist just following :lol:

cheers
S.

Well, it is weird that you ask why i want to have more IRs to sound better.
It's not that i want more IRs, i just follow simple logic that i would use for live guitar recording: one cabinet with two microphones, Shure SM57 on cone and Sennheiser MD 421 on cap edge or some other combination of microphones, their positions...
This way the final tone is more full, powerfull, etc...
I shouldn't be explaining that here, should I? :)

Plankis, i'll check the thread out, thanks

Many impulse loaders have autogain for impulses (for example SIR2, Voxengo Pristine Space), so if you will mix impulses (in wavelab, for example) without account of such leveling, you will have different impulse soundwise. I`m have succeed with combining impulses just by disabling autogain in Pristine Space, setting sound I`m liked and then mixing impulses in wavelab with same levels. Don`t forget to resample resulting impulse to 48k for AxeFX (with proper algo).

You could try this: send your preamp track to 3 different aux tracks with an impulse loader on each of them, use the 3 different impulses, and then sum these 3 tracks to mono

this one is pretty easy to make, and it's enough to have 1 track of amped guitar recorded without cab sim and just use LeCab loaded with 2 IRs, and i can mix down that to mono.
QUESTION: i will have the guitar tone recorded, how do i get the impulse of that?

Well, it is weird that you ask why i want to have more IRs to sound better.
It's not that i want more IRs, i just follow simple logic that i would use for live guitar recording: one cabinet with two microphones, Shure SM57 on cone and Sennheiser MD 421 on cap edge or some other combination of microphones, their positions...
This way the final tone is more full, powerfull, etc...
I shouldn't be explaining that here, should I? :)

there are so many awesome tones that were
captured with just one single microphone!

if you want a full and powerfull guitar
recording add a bass guitar!

adding a second IR adds more frequencies and normally,
more volume= illusion that something sounds more full and powerful.

if i ever learned anything about guitar tone than it's
the fact that in this particular case less is more! :)

cheers
S.

I must say I've had most success with single IR's too. But then we have Clayman, Watershed and many more great sounding albums that used several mics, so it is definitely worth a try.

OK, i have tried that method. I must say that the result i got is almost identical to what i had with 2 cab impulses. "Almost" - is because operating with only one impulse file now i get a much quieter sound, and on a quick volume match that i tried to dial in the result sound has slightly less lows (or low mids) and highs (or hi mids) but it shouldn't be hard to compensate that with amp settings or EQ