any vinyl fans here?

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
recommend particularly gorgeous sounding vinyls for me to buy

all i have is Sunn O))) - Monoliths and Dimensions (which sounds overwhelmingly good) and Tool - Undertow (unplayed so far.)
i am getting a copy of the Behold... The Arctopus/Orthrelm 7" split off kian soon too, unplayed. Listened to one of his 3 copies last night and that sounded pretty noyce.

Also seshed out Atheist - Unquestionable Presence and that sounded fucking beautiful
so yeah

GIEF RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 10/10 SOUNDING RECORDS! :D <3

YES!!!!!
I've been blessed with getting my parts of my dads collection he bought back in the 70s & 80s.

All Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Ted Nugent, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd & Frank Zappa discographies till 1984 complete!!! 1983 is the year he bought his first CD player..

Then my proudest pieces of vinyl (all really of the first release, not a re-issue):
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Megadeth - Peace Sells.....
Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack
Stryper - To Hell with the Devil

Whenever I buy a vinyl that's handled with digital recording, I'm missing the vibe tho! i think it's the combination of analog & vinyl which makes cream happen in my pants.

I also pre-ordered Converge - Axe to Fall on vinyl, really curious about that.

I only buy albums on vinyl anymore, unless it's something I really want that's only released digitally. I bought a Rega table and a nice Ortofon cartridge last year and haven't had the desire to buy albums on CD ever since. Jane Doe is awesome on vinyl...as is anything that Kurt does.

I want a vinyl player so i can hook it up to my big-ass speakers but unfortunately no pennies...

Theres a shop here that sells some symphonic black metal and stuff along those lines...

Pretty sure you can get At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul on vinyl... that'd be worth a listen

Yeah! Vinyl lover here :wave:

I love the sound of all vinyls I own, which was been produced BEFORE this insane loudness war began!

My faves:

-Seventh son of a seventh son
-Somewhere in time
-The Beatles LPs Abbey Road, Let it be and please, please me, 1967-70.
-My complete UNLEASHED collection box!

-The only newer stuff is Cannibal Corpse´s "Evasceration Plague" what has an awesome layout (splatter lp and gate folder)
-"The sound of perseverance" because it´s my alltime fave.

Only buying vinyl if the record has been recorded on analog gear. And haven't done that lately since my player's been broken for quite some time now and I never bothered to get it repaired or replaced.

I have a lot of vinyls, love them sooo much
Most of my stuff is first editions.
Slayer SOH/SITA sound incredible on vinyl
My personal faves are my Carcass/Morbid Angel/Napalm Death collections, nearly all of them on wax bar a few MA one (from Gateways onwards)
Something so enjoyable about listening to records (bar getting up to change side ha ha!)

ive got over 600 vinyls, ranging from psychedelic rock to kvlt black metal. lol a lot of rarities in there... the sad thing is i only listen to a few of them regularly. i cant listen to Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs any other way... the record sounds soo much better than the remastered cd. BUT i will be selling all of my vinyls soon. i have to move and i cant carry them with me.

I think I have about 800 vinyls here, but only black metal and some dark folk. These are indeed bitch to move...last time I moved I had about 400 and it still was shit, next time I'll have boxes made to carry vinyls.

I would love to own Morbid Angel´s "Covenant" on vinyl, that´s one of my alltime faves. Amazon 69 Euro...DAMN IT!

I bought it the day it was released, £7.99 Irish pounds (old money:lol:). That's nothing though, I had the Blessed Are The Sick box with the different sized vinyls and loaned it to a friend (who died)and will never see it again :erk: It's mental the amount of money some of the old death and thrash albums fetch these days. I bought a lot of them again on cd, mainly re-issues with bonus stuff but I just love the fuckin' things. Some of the original Mayhem and Burzum lp's are going for crazy money on e-bay.

You´re a lucky man!! :)

:lol::lol: Old man more like! It looks a bit worse for wear and has a few scratches though. I'm always on the look out for vinyls. I would really love to get the original Pungent Stench - For God your Soul.... but I don't fancy paying over 100euros for it:lol:

:lol::lol: Old man more like! It looks a bit worse for wear and has a few scratches though. I'm always on the look out for vinyls. I would really love to get the original Pungent Stench - For God your Soul.... but I don't fancy paying over 100euros for it:lol:

Yeah that´s much too expensive. Sometimes there are unsuspecting people selling their old vinyls for cheap. We have to wait until this will happen again :kickass:

Im always lingering around on ebay to see if anything cool is going cheap. I rarely spend over £5 but i've managed to pick up some sweet stuff.

Diamond Head - Am I Evil
Metallica - The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Re-Revisited
Anthrax - Among The Living
Exodus - Fabulous Disaster
Metallica - Ride The Lightning

I think the thing that really does it for me with vinyl is that i can appreciate the artwork and design lot more