any vinyl fans here?

I love my vinyl collection, old and new. I've been collecting for 10 years now, and I'm very happy that more people have gotten into it- prices on players have dropped(not talking Hi-Fi here), more players are coming out, and it's easy to find most new albums coming out as LP's. In order to get newer stuff, I used to have to pay out the ass and most bands only did limited runs(although that's one bad thing now, since the rarity factor is gone).

Another thing I do is bring my vinyls to the bands show if they are in town. Get em all signed. Most of the guys I talk to have no idea they even had their album released on vinyl:lol:

Might as well ask here, I'm looking for SRV albums on vinyl. If you have any and are looking to sell, let me know.

Ahhhh man that's gorgeous!!

I just ordered these:
XenosapienRGB_normal.jpg

Skullgrid_-_Behold_The_Arctopus.jpg
(behold the arctopus - skullgrid, comes with the CD too!)
P1160093.JPG
(mint from ebay!)

Gareth asked me to take some pictures of my "The Sound of Perseverance" splatter vinyls. No problem, my fave should be photographed anyway :)

Fuck yeah, my favourite piece!

That looks sick! Great album, though "Human" is my absolute favorite Death album.

Do fish get thirsty? Hahaha.

-Joe

i dont buy many cd's anymore either, but its nice to have the CD because it's a nice middle ground between unplayed vinyl and shitty mp3. rip the CD to flac and never play it = sorted.

That looks sick! Great album, though "Human" is my absolute favorite Death album.

-Joe

just got into human recently, it is fucking SICKKKK, im starting to think its my favourite too

-Joe

Thanks man :kickass: As Slashvanyoung once said, Death records are like children for their fans, it´s hard to pick some faves out. Human, ITP, Symbolic, TSOP :worship: At the end, it´s pretty individual taste. The rythm group on "Human" is so aaaaawesome!

Thanks man :kickass: As Slashvanyoung once said, Death records are like children for their fans, it´s hard to pick some faves out. Human, ITP, Symbolic, TSOP :worship: At the end, it´s pretty individual taste. The rythm group on "Human" is so aaaaawesome!

Yep! I mainly got into it because of the Cynic connection, but it just has the most magic of any Death album for me. Sean Reinert was by far my favorite drummer for Death. I do think that Chuck's voice was it's best on "Symbolic" though.

-Joe

I have a great collection of '40s to '60s flamenco, including Sabicas, Paco de Luca, Carlos Montonya, etc etc...

Yep! I mainly got into it because of the Cynic connection, but it just has the most magic of any Death album for me. Sean Reinert was by far my favorite drummer for Death. I do think that Chuck's voice was it's best on "Symbolic" though.

-Joe

Hoglans cymbal work on Symbolic I thought was what put that CD over the top, at least for me. :)

I scored a pretty awesome vintage vinyl collection for $20 at a garage sale. Most of the original Led Zeppelin catalog pressings (including III with the "wheel"), the original Harvest pressing of "Dark Side Of The Moon," The Cars self titled, etc., all mint...

The only problem is that I don't have a turntable (yet.) Debating between the Rega P1 and the Pro-Ject Debut III. Both get great ratings - any opinions from anyone who's used both here?

My system is vintage 70s and phono-ready - Marantz USA tuner into JBL L100 Century speakers. I also recently scored a Marantz DV8400 SACD/DVD-A player, so I can geek out with high res digital vs. vinyl shoot-outs in my living room.

Looking forward to getting some Opeth, Death, Sunn, etc. once I get up and running.

I own the Debut III and love it. Not low end, but not crazy expensive high end either.

Edit- I should add, that with either of those tables you would benefit from a cartridge upgrade(they both use the Ortofon OM5E). I replaced mine with a Shure and couldn't be happier.

I scored a pretty awesome vintage vinyl collection for $20 at a garage sale. Most of the original Led Zeppelin catalog pressings (including III with the "wheel"), the original Harvest pressing of "Dark Side Of The Moon," The Cars self titled, etc., all mint...

The only problem is that I don't have a turntable (yet.) Debating between the Rega P1 and the Pro-Ject Debut III. Both get great ratings - any opinions from anyone who's used both here?

My system is vintage 70s and phono-ready - Marantz USA tuner into JBL L100 Century speakers. I also recently scored a Marantz DV8400 SACD/DVD-A player, so I can geek out with high res digital vs. vinyl shoot-outs in my living room.

Looking forward to getting some Opeth, Death, Sunn, etc. once I get up and running.

Sunn O))) - Monoliths and Dimensions mint, get it shane, plzzzzz
the first listen will totally shatter your perceptions of what music can be and what music can sound like
it was one of the most spiritual experiences ever
do ittttttttttt

I haven't heard the Pro-Ject, but I have a Rega P1 and love it. My friend has a P2 that sounds amazing, too. The difference between these and a shitty consumer table is ridiculous.

recommend particularly gorgeous sounding vinyls for me to buy

all i have is Sunn O))) - Monoliths and Dimensions (which sounds overwhelmingly good) and Tool - Undertow (unplayed so far.)
i am getting a copy of the Behold... The Arctopus/Orthrelm 7" split off kian soon too, unplayed. Listened to one of his 3 copies last night and that sounded pretty noyce.

Also seshed out Atheist - Unquestionable Presence and that sounded fucking beautiful
so yeah

GIEF RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 10/10 SOUNDING RECORDS! :D <3

Tool Undertow:worship:u-huh::cry::Smokin::lol: so good!