Any word on Orange's Dark Terror?

Ya it's supposed to be a higher gain, tighter Terror.

I'm holding off judgement till I can try one at GC. I've really enjoyed my Dual Terror so far. But it's better suited to sludge or 70's style rock/metal.

dead thread rez.

Looks like its shipping. Anyone had a chance to try one yet. My GC said they won't have one on the floor for a couple months....but I can order it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, that didn't sound too enticing. Actually, it sounds like a fucking cheap distortion pedal. But then again I haven't heard Paul coax a single decent tone out of anything...

Reserving final judgment until someone who knows a decent Metal tone from a swarm of bees gets their paws on it.

I liked the tiny terror, but really wished it had an eq on it as I always found myself putting the tone knob full and having to eq it in the mix. Having the shape control to be able to pull out some mids will definitely help out with metal tones for this. Though I've got a TH30 now so I can't see myself buying this.

I liked the tiny terror, but really wished it had an eq on it as I always found myself putting the tone knob full and having to eq it in the mix. Having the shape control to be able to pull out some mids will definitely help out with metal tones for this. Though I've got a TH30 now so I can't see myself buying this.

No shit? I've been reamping with mine almost constantly the past two weeks, never had the tone knob above 11:00 or so!

You finding the TH30 to be enough to gig with and have enough headroom to not shit itself under gain/have decent cleans? I love the TT but it just doesn't quite stand up to rehearsal levels, and it could sound a lot punchier if I'm honest.

This guy's rhythm playing is :erk:

Well, sounds nice but a little more 'EL84' than the mini Recto. It has that fuzzy thing most EL84 amps I played had. Who will be the first one to buy it so we cn hear decent tones from it ?

No shit? I've been reamping with mine almost constantly the past two weeks, never had the tone knob above 11:00 or so!

You finding the TH30 to be enough to gig with and have enough headroom to not shit itself under gain/have decent cleans? I love the TT but it just doesn't quite stand up to rehearsal levels, and it could sound a lot punchier if I'm honest.

I find the TH30 still needs to be cranked up pretty loud for rehearsals and gigs to be honest. Once you're at about 2-3 o clock it should be ok. Clean channel is fine as for some reason the cleans on this amp are WAY louder than the dirty channel.