Anybody Else Pick Up The Damned Things?

Jrod

May 28, 2010
Twin Falls, ID
Haven't listened to all of it yet myself, but as far as mainstream rock is concerned, it's ok. Nothing special so far, but nothing terrible as long as you're not one of those people who like thrash and only thrash.

Yep... I like it. Catchy modern hard rock a la Thin Lizzy style. As long as you're open minded, forget the facts of who's in the band and who they also play with and just want a solid catchy rock record, you should enjoy it.

i don't mind good mainstream rock when the name of the band is THE DAMNED THINGS and i don't have a problem with good rock music released under the name of ANTHRAX either. the problem i had with Stomp, Vol. 8 & WCFYA was that i expected great Metal with some Thrash-songs and what i got were a bunch of songs that i found to be generic rock/hard rock/heavy rock with really no standout tracks and nothing that could hold my attention, i know it depends on taste and expectations, i just don't like most songs on the aforementioned records and it hurts that they were released under the legendary bandname of ANTHRAX since i like all their albums from FOM to White Noise and yes, i do think that John Bush has a great voice and i really appreciate his vocals on SOWN, i just don't like the albums that followed it.

i don't mind good mainstream rock when the name of the band is THE DAMNED THINGS and i don't have a problem with good rock music released under the name of ANTHRAX either. the problem i had with Stomp, Vol. 8 & WCFYA was that i expected great Metal with some Thrash-songs and what i got were a bunch of songs that i found to be generic rock/hard rock/heavy rock with really no standout tracks and nothing that could hold my attention, i know it depends on taste and expectations, i just don't like most songs on the aforementioned records and it hurts that they were released under the legendary bandname of ANTHRAX since i like all their albums from FOM to White Noise and yes, i do think that John Bush has a great voice and i really appreciate his vocals on SOWN, i just don't like the albums that followed it.

Ok. What does this have to do with The Damned Things? :rolleyes:

I don't think he is having any debate about Joey vs. John. In fact he praises John. Where is there a debate about those vocalists?
yes, i didn't mention the name Bell*****a. i just want to say that Scott should have founded THE DAMNED THINGS 15 years earlier so Stomp, Vol.8 & WCFYA could have been released under that bandname and that way Anthrax could have stayed a relevant metal band instead of being a 2nd class hard rock act for the past 15 years.

w/o pretense, super catchy fun record. glad I picked it up. There's lots of great riffs or some tunes the live version sounds better especially the title track. Props to Scott and company.

Scott Ian is the guitar player of both bands and turned one of the greatest Thrash Metal Bands of all time into a generic rock/hard rock band.

Really? Scott Ian plays for both bands? Thanks for the info. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't around to point out the obvious.

I was wondering what your obvious dislike for Anthrax's non-thrash decade has to do with this completely new band, which most likely is nothing more than a side-project. But I suppose that was my fault for not pointing out the obvious, hoping you'd understand the underlying intent of the question, ie: Why the hell are you bringing that up in this thread?

Really? Scott Ian plays for both bands? Thanks for the info. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't around to point out the obvious.

I was wondering what your obvious dislike for Anthrax's non-thrash decade has to do with this completely new band, which most likely is nothing more than a side-project. But I suppose that was my fault for not pointing out the obvious, hoping you'd understand the underlying intent of the question, ie: Why the hell are you bringing that up in this thread?

thrashard is right on the money. If Scott would have made a record like this after SOWN then maybe he would have gotten his pussy ass rock n roll phase out of him and Anthrax could have continued on as a Thrash metal band.

Now he releases this Damned Things album and Anthrax is back to making Thrash metal, what a coincidence!

Hopefully next time he wants to do a side project album it involves Billy Millano and Danny Lilker!

Not interested in it at all, I want new ANTHRAX! How teh hell is it possible they can release it on a major label whereas ANTHRAX had a hard time finding a record label at all....