Anybody Else Pick Up The Damned Things?

Amen! I hate emo fags and rock mixed. God forbid someone into Thrash metal wouldn't like Fall Out Boy.

That might change when ya get older, not the liking Fall Out Boy part, but liking a wider variety of music. Hell when I was in my teens all I listened to was thrash, everything else was shit, if it wasn't heavy as hell it was pussie fag music, then I got a little older and started to appreciate different music. Once you reach your 20's you may have a different outlook on things.

That might change when ya get older, not the liking Fall Out Boy part, but liking a wider variety of music. Hell when I was in my teens all I listened to was thrash, everything else was shit, if it wasn't heavy as hell it was pussie fag music, then I got a little older and started to appreciate different music. Once you reach your 20's you may have a different outlook on things.

Agreed, when I was in my teens and early 20s I was all about Bay area and Euro thrash nothing else mattered. When you start digging a a little deeper and discover who inspired your favorite bands to create the music you love, you in return become inspired.:headbang:

Funny.. I am 36 years old. I love many forms of music but can't stand emo fag rock music. Not going to happen.

I grew up listening to Metal music. When I was in 3rd grade I was wearing Maiden and Twisted Sister shirts. There are many forms of music I enjoy. Most are heavy forms of metal music. Everyone said I would be out of the 'metal' phase when I got older. Didn't happen. I like Metal music more than ever and will always love it.

The Damned Things is just flat out pussy shit. I guess I am in the minority on this form when it comes to metal. Seems most people on here are into mellower music, including the watered down John Bush era of Anthrax. I will always take the thrashier Anthrax and SOD over any of the Bush era or this garbage side project band

I tend to agree with you. I guess I loved Anthrax with him and without. Loved POT, probably my favorite Anthrax album. But I totally agree it would be awesome if they returned to the STD and ATL days. I just don't see that ever happening with this band.

My only hope for that is if they do another SOD album. Lilker wouldn't ever let Scott Ian play pussy shit like The Damned Things.

Scott Ian playing with Fall Out Boy is just wrong on so many levels. But what ever floats his boat. I guess with old age comes this type of shit. But I am almost as old as him and still am into Death Metal. So what ever!

You and Thrashard remind me of the following

Last edited by a moderator:
getting older doesn't necessarily mean that the music has to become slower & softer, just look at Lemmy, still playing fast & heavy music. i know some guys who discovered their love for Thrash- and Death Metal in their 40's.

I bought it at Best Buy and I like the record a lot...here's where I think I have anger issues. I found it on an endcap and it was 9.99 (awesome price for a CD) but there was a sale price for 7.99, unlike most idiots I actually read the labels and it said the Damned Things 7.99 for the current date, I said woo killer price I am so happy. Got to the checklane and it rang up 9.99, instead of bitching like a hopeless housewife I paid the 9.99 then proceded back to the endcap display. Yeah I spit on it take that shit down if it's not right, the next patron will have to work around my lougi. Damn I like the album though great tunes.

I bought it at Best Buy and I like the record a lot...here's where I think I have anger issues. I found it on an endcap and it was 9.99 (awesome price for a CD) but there was a sale price for 7.99, unlike most idiots I actually read the labels and it said the Damned Things 7.99 for the current date, I said woo killer price I am so happy. Got to the checklane and it rang up 9.99, instead of bitching like a hopeless housewife I paid the 9.99 then proceded back to the endcap display. Yeah I spit on it take that shit down if it's not right, the next patron will have to work around my lougi. Damn I like the album though great tunes.

I really wonder how so many emo fans are also Anthrax fans. Very interesting and disturbing. You should go pick up the last Fall Out Boy CD, I heard that one was pretty amazing

Funny.. I am 36 years old. I love many forms of music but can't stand emo fag rock music. Not going to happen.

I grew up listening to Metal music. When I was in 3rd grade I was wearing Maiden and Twisted Sister shirts. There are many forms of music I enjoy. Most are heavy forms of metal music. Everyone said I would be out of the 'metal' phase when I got older. Didn't happen. I like Metal music more than ever and will always love it.

The Damned Things is just flat out pussy shit. I guess I am in the minority on this form when it comes to metal. Seems most people on here are into mellower music, including the watered down John Bush era of Anthrax. I will always take the thrashier Anthrax and SOD over any of the Bush era or this garbage side project band

I don't think The Damned Things is supposed to be a metal band.

Well I am 38. Been into metal since 1988 but also got married (and divorced and remarried), had kids (like a lot of you) and realised there is a bigger world outside than JUST metal. It was never a lifestyle for me either - it was simply just great music and an outlet as a teenager and so forth.

As for Ironiclast - it's growing on me ALOT and I think it's great. Who gives a fuck who the members are or what they represent in other bands - the music is good so that's all that counts for me.

If you don't like it good for you too but please for fuck's sake don't come on here with your fucking old school metal on and tell us we are wrong for liking it. Getting so sick to shit of certain people ramming their fucking opinions down others throats on here. Ha perhaps I should shut up for a change too ;-)

Anyway folks on a side note wishing you all a Happy & Safe Xmas/New Year. Be careful on those roads folks!

Well I am 38. Been into metal since 1988 but also got married (and divorced and remarried), had kids (like a lot of you) and realised there is a bigger world outside than JUST metal. It was never a lifestyle for me either - it was simply just great music and an outlet as a teenager and so forth.

As for Ironiclast - it's growing on me ALOT and I think it's great. Who gives a fuck who the members are or what they represent in other bands - the music is good so that's all that counts for me.

If you don't like it good for you too but please for fuck's sake don't come on here with your fucking old school metal on and tell us we are wrong for liking it. Getting so sick to shit of certain people ramming their fucking opinions down others throats on here. Ha perhaps I should shut up for a change too ;-)

Anyway folks on a side note wishing you all a Happy & Safe Xmas/New Year. Be careful on those roads folks!

So fucking true what this man says. If I read a certain poster on here say that TDT are "emo shit" one more time I'll scream. If that is emo then it just confirms he really has no fucking clue. AC/DC must be emo too then as far as he's concerned.