Anybody Else Pick Up The Damned Things?

It's kind of growing on me too. I don't think it's "emo" but then again I don't really know many "emo" bands.

keep in mind that the person who is calling this band "emo," acts like he is the torch bearer for purity in metal --- and then states that he liked Hed(pe).

That being said after one listen its a decent rock record, not metal of course, but a decent rock record, better then a lot of the new rock bands out there. It may take some time to grow on me a little though, its definitely not something that will get heavy rotation in my stereo.

keep in mind that the person who is calling this band "emo," acts like he is the torch bearer for purity in metal --- and then states that he liked Hed(pe).

That being said after one listen its a decent rock record, not metal of course, but a decent rock record, better then a lot of the new rock bands out there. It may take some time to grow on me a little though, its definitely not something that will get heavy rotation in my stereo.

(Hed)Pe is definetely not some pussy ass pop rock band. So get that out of your head right away. They don't give a fuck, are very hardcore in their message and have some very heavy and aggressive songs. Maybe some of their earlier CDs were like that I don't know. I haven't followed them. But the CD I have "Truth Rising" is far from watered down unoriginal emo rock. Sure there are some rap influenced songs, punk, reggae influenced songs etc. I think it's cool as fuck their singer is a black guy that raps about hating rappers and that he is a punk rock 'nigga'. But what ever.. I do happen to like other forms of music than just pure Thrash and Death metal. But if Hed is not your thing I get it too. But I can tell you that there are definitely not emo fall out boy members in that band!

Just the fact that Scott Ian would do a project with Fall out Boy members is sick enough. Fall out Boy is one of the leaders of the pussy ass emo movement that turned confused teen dudes into chicks. Made it cool for straight kids to kiss each other and buy their clothes in female clothing stores. Not to mention make really gay music.

The fact that most of you like The Damned Things doesn't surprise me. You also don't like the Thrash metal era of Anthrax. If John Bush sang for The Damned Things I am sure most of you would take that over old School Anthrax in a second. So it all make sense. But don't expect me to like this garbage.

(Hed)Pe is definetely not some pussy ass pop rock band. So get that out of your head right away. They don't give a fuck, are very hardcore in their message and have some very heavy and aggressive songs. Maybe some of their earlier CDs were like that I don't know. I haven't followed them. But the CD I have "Truth Rising" is far from watered down unoriginal emo rock. Sure there are some rap influenced songs, punk, reggae influenced songs etc. I think it's cool as fuck their singer is a black guy that raps about hating rappers and that he is a punk rock 'nigga'. But what ever.. I do happen to like other forms of music than just pure Thrash and Death metal. But if Hed is not your thing I get it too. But I can tell you that there are definitely not emo fall out boy members in that band!

Just the fact that Scott Ian would do a project with Fall out Boy members is sick enough. Fall out Boy is one of the leaders of the pussy ass emo movement that turned confused teen dudes into chicks. Made it cool for straight kids to kiss each other and buy their clothes in female clothing stores. Not to mention make really gay music.

The fact that most of you like The Damned Things doesn't surprise me. You also don't like the Thrash metal era of Anthrax. If John Bush sang for The Damned Things I am sure most of you would take that over old School Anthrax in a second. So it all make sense. But don't expect me to like this garbage.

Dude get off your fucking high horse and grow up. You are not better than anybody here.

Dude get off your fucking high horse and grow up. You are not better than anybody here.

I wonder if we all choose to simply ignore every post this fuckwit makes, he might just finally take a hint and piss off? He might just be too stupid though.

I don't want anyone to leave but I've been to trying to ignore it. I'm tired of all the fighting all the time.

I know what you mean. I've been posting here for about 8-9 years and in that time never seen fellow posters get pissed at other posters (or 1 in particular) like they do so regularly these days.

I know what you mean. I've been posting here for about 8-9 years and in that time never seen fellow posters get pissed at other posters (or 1 in particular) like they do so regularly these days.

tiimy there hasnt been anyone this annoying since td,maybe its the same guy lol

I really wonder how so many emo fans are also Anthrax fans. Very interesting and disturbing. You should go pick up the last Fall Out Boy CD, I heard that one was pretty amazing

STFU already. I'm all for the Joey thrax era such as yourself and I also like the Bush years , but It's just music man! I don't know what's more disturbing......your pointless opinions or that photo you have in your signature.:wave:

STFU already. I'm all for the Joey thrax era such as yourself and I also like the Bush years , but It's just music man! I don't know what's more disturbing......your pointless opinions or that photo you have in your signature.:wave:

Some people just love getting attention, good or bad.

As far as Fall Out Boy being emo: I agree. Never liked them.
The Damned Things however are not emo in my opinion. As it turns out, some of those boys who fell out of Fall Out Boy can pull a punch after all.

I think it's a solid album, and after repeated spins the number of album fillers have been considerably reduced.

Some people just love getting attention, good or bad.

As far as Fall Out Boy being emo: I agree. Never liked them.
The Damned Things however are not emo in my opinion. As it turns out, some of those boys who fell out of Fall Out Boy can pull a punch after all.

I think it's a solid album, and after repeated spins the number of album fillers have been considerably reduced.

I haven't listened to the album yet, but I am liking the 'situation' song the more I hear it.

So I checked it out, its ok, not really my thing but some catchy stuff. I will probably give it to my wife, she likes poppy music with catchy hooks!

Listen to you, anyone would think you were a teenager that had just discovered Slayer and felt really cool and dangerous because of it. :tickled:

The word "wanker" doesn't even begin to describe him. I'm one of the biggest Slayer fans around and I happen to like TDT too, and he doesn't seem to be able to cope with formulas like this. He is either a goldfish or a borderline retard, but I'm yet to decide which. Maybe it's both. Funny though.