Anybody ever made impulses of "high end" mic pres?

TLTD

Old dude
Sep 7, 2010
soundcloud.com
I wish I had tried this when I had them. I used to just put a Daking Mic Pre One in the effects loop of the Eleven Rack and it made amp sims sound HUGE lol..I know it wont be "quite" the same but seems like every impulse out there is just cab/mic/DI or even commercial ones are typical Neve console'd and never trident flavored. I always liked that sound when you pushed the mic pre into the yellow a bit with varying hi pass settings. It literally made it so I didn't think I needed to double my tracks and was awesome in that respect. Seems like it'd be worth a shot at trying. Just capture the direct sound, then use it to spice up other impulses...

I would say that most qualities of a high end preamp are things that are not captured by an impulse. By that I mean things like resolution, depth, low noise, saturation on coloured preamps, etc.

I've been using Nebula for this for the past couple years, but I liked these before that. Sorry, but I think the free ones with Nebula are pretty meh. Better than impulses but nothing special. The 3rd party one's are where it's at!

Anywho, here's a big RAR of preamp impulses I collected....

http://www.mediafire.com/?9vapl9opxrksa1l