Anybody in here...

deathmetalfanatic19

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2003
Richmond, Va
Visit site
...like more extreme death metal? I love Opeth but I am also into the more extreme side of death metal. Bands like Cryptopsy, Nile, Incantation, Immolation, Origin, Decapitated...anyone else in here like these groups or any other really heavy ones?

Yeah man, I actually was listening to mostly Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Origin, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal, Zyklon, etc... and THEN I discovered Opeth. And what I love about them is that they provide all of the elements I like to hear in music - they can be brutal, which I love, but y'know, sometimes you want to mellow out (which is why I like bands such as Porcupine Tree and Radiohead), and they do THAT just as well! To me, that versatility is what makes them a great band, and the interplay between crushing and delicate is what I identify with in their music.

I like listening Nile, Vader, Immolation, Malevolant Creation, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse. Not really gone on Hate Eternal, Cryptopsy. But I prefer Opeth, IF, SF, Soilwork and the like.