Anyone already attended to the Hypocrisy show?..How was it?

DarkHate6

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2005
any one see them already??....im taking a bus to Austin..so hope its worth it..Well, i think itll be anyways... :headbang:

It's Hypocrisy, it is always worth it. The Chicago show had great sound and all the music was performed flawlessly, even the guitar solos.

I saw Hypocrisy in San Francisco on April 14th. The band sounded very well rehearsed and they played a great set list, including "Fire in the Sky," "Roswell 47," "Pleasure of Molestation," "Inferior Devotees," "God is a Lie," Turn the Page," "Eraser," and "The Abyss."

After the show, my friends and I met and spoke briefly with Peter and Horgh, both of whom were very nice and appreciative that we'd come to the show.

Hey ya'll, I've never posted on this board, but I do love Hypocrisy a whole lot. I'll be seeing them in Austin tonight, I can't wait.

And even though it's a short setlist, I've never seen them before so I'll take whatever I can get!

yeah, I'll be there tonight, I'll be there early passing out flyers and demos of my band. www.deimos-metal.com If you've never seen Hypocrisy, you'll enjoy it, they are bad ass performers. Maybe I'll see you there ha...

Thay kicked ass in Tempe. Played one of my fav songs Adjusting The Sun <3 haha. I felt like I was the only one singing along (except for Roswell 47, everyone knows that). Gotta tell people to look up the lyrics! And damn they only had that "I'm a Fucking Hypocrite" shirt in small and medium :/ I hope JSR will have it soon. HORNS UP!!!

I really loved the show in Austin. I was looking foward to seeing Hypocrisy and Dark Tranquillity the most, and both of them were fantastic. I did enjoy Mnemic and Soilwork also. But I'll be waiting for the day I can see Hypocrisy and Dark Tranquillity do a double headlining tour... *dreams*

the show kicked ass, peter was all like, "its 4/20, you guys high yet?" or something to that effect. he also said that if you smoke enough, you can see a "fire in the sky", before going into that song. fucking awesome, he also signed my chicken shaped cd.

Got back yesterday from the show..man that kicked ass..these dudes were all kick ass..hope the make it here again...post pics later... :Spin:

4/20 on a cool houston night, and the bill is Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquillity, and Soilwork. we get to the venue, and Hypo. was about to begin. while taking a pee break, i heaR the first song start, i knew they would rock my socks off. and that they did. at one point in th setlist they were like, "its 4-20, you guys high yet???" i was like "no, not yet!!!!". after that song, he was like if you smoke enough, you can see a "fire in the sky" (which is a song of theirs.) after they played, i went out to the car to put away a shirt i had bought, and to my surprise, peter from Hypo was out there. i non-chalantly made my way to him and was like, "dude, the show rocked my socks. sign my chicken.... "

I was at the Austin show too, and I didn't think I'd really be all that much into Hypocrisy, I was there primarily for Dark Tranquillity, but they fuckin blew me away, I really liked how they played all different styles of metal, from pure death metal, mid-tempo stuff, and even the mellower new songs were killer, they definitely made a new fan out of me that night. Dark Tranquillity was great and Soilwork was pretty good, Mnemic was average and I don't care if I never see them again. I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for some Hypocrisy albums, thanks for the great shows guys.

Yeah I was at the Austin show... it was bad ass. the 'mellower' songs they played aren't newer... Mnemic, as everyone said, wasn't that impressive. I left after DT because I had seen Soilwork a few times before and was never all that impressed. Hypocrisy and DT put on a bad ass show, and this was the first time I saw DT but definitely not the last. I met the guys from both DT and Hypocrisy but they were upset and pissed off because they're bus had broken down a few times and the night before the Austin show while they were driving through, they were stranded for about 5 hours...
I was there handing out demos and flyers of my band... overall a bad ass night... Vader next friday with Pro-Pain... :headbang:

Hell yah..I left after like 4 songs into Soilwork..i mean..imma see them again hopefully at the Ozzfest..I just envy the Austin people..they have concerts like every damn week!!...i had to take a bus from south tx to over there..but it ruled...All the bands were great...but there was sumtin about DT and Hypocrisy that just made my damn night...First time at the BackRoom..Man its small and I was literally singing into the mic when Mikael started singing..and I know everyone will be like *WTF* but I was the only guy that Peter shook hands with when they started Roswell 47..It RUled!!...After the show I went up to Mikael outside and he recognized me..Well, not everyone was wearing a White KISS shirt...hehe..I told him that I lost my voice cuz of them and Hypocrisy..the dudes like "I Know!!"...Feel bad though that i knew what they were gonna play before the gig...but they were surprised..they kinda pointed at me like "who is this guy?"..it kicked ass..right now I have a pic in my desktop with Peter..yet I dunno how to post it...if n e one can help me out... :loco:

Son of Shub-Niggurath said:
I saw Hypocrisy in San Francisco on April 14th. The band sounded very well rehearsed and they played a great set list, including "Fire in the Sky," "Roswell 47," "Pleasure of Molestation," "Inferior Devotees," "God is a Lie," Turn the Page," "Eraser," and "The Abyss."

After the show, my friends and I met and spoke briefly with Peter and Horgh, both of whom were very nice and appreciative that we'd come to the show.
HA! I was there too. There were well rehearded. Sounded as tight as the albums

Saw them in Winston-Salem last night. Hypocrisy was the best band on the bill by far. Band was tight and the setlist was killer. "Fire In The Sky" fucking ruled! Mnemic where just so-so, Dark Tranqullity were super tight and had a great setlist, and Soilwork were suprisingly good. They played a lot of older material to my surprise. And they need to rob Scarve of their drummer. That guy can play.

saw the w-s and philly shows. awesome, for all the bands, just beyond words. got a bloody nose about halfway thru Hypocrisy's set so i had to just watch for a bit. couldn't headbang either cause it'd start up again. but damn, just standing and watching them tear it up was great! made it back to the pit for eraser though!