Anyone else have a lot of problems with this forum lately?

longshot9

Feb 11, 2002
Murrieta, CA
For the past 2 weeks or so it seems like I have to re-login every time I view a new thread. I almost always get prompted that "only members can post" when I do a quick reply, even when I'm logged in, so I log in again, it says "thanks" then I get this "invalid thread" message and lose everything I just typed and have to do it again. Also get a lot of "page cannot be displayed" when clicking on threads, refresh then it's magically there again. Is it just me or is anyone having more troubles here than normal? :err:

longshot9 said:
For the past 2 weeks or so it seems like I have to re-login every time I view a new thread. I almost always get prompted that "only members can post" when I do a quick reply, even when I'm logged in, so I log in again, it says "thanks" then I get this "invalid thread" message and lose everything I just typed and have to do it again. Also get a lot of "page cannot be displayed" when clicking on threads, refresh then it's magically there again. Is it just me or is anyone having more troubles here than normal? :err:
About a week ago, I couldn't log in for about three days. I even tried registering under a different name, and email account, and that didn't work. After a few days all was back to normal. Haven't had any problems since.

I haven't had any problems like that. The forums lag sometimes, becoming very slow or briefly not connecting. They stopped the search feature to correct that, but it didn't work. At least not for me.

Clear your cookies when away from the forum, then log back on. Sometimes the cookie that the site gives a PC to recognize it can become corrupt.

Sounds like you have an issue with your cookies. ^_^

Yeah, last week there was an issue where a group of people couldn't log in for a bit for some reason. Besides that, sometimes the forum is obnoxiously slow and doesn't work.

I've noticed that the response time has improved at night....at one time, it used to lag badly. Now I usually get those sorts of connection and 'invalid thread' problems during the day instead.

When posting a message, I've developed the habit of marking my reply (highlight entire text) and then hitting Ctrl-C (to copy it to the clipboard) if the Forum takes longer than a few seconds to respond......that way if the dreaded "Invalid Thread Specified" or "not found" error appears, I can still paste it in later using Ctrl-V and the typing effort isn't wasted.

Pellaz said:
I've noticed that the response time has improved at night....at one time, it used to lag badly. Now I usually get those sorts of connection and 'invalid thread' problems during the day instead.

When posting a message, I've developed the habit of marking my reply (highlight entire text) and then hitting Ctrl-C (to copy it to the clipboard) if the Forum takes longer than a few seconds to respond......that way if the dreaded "Invalid Thread Specified" or "not found" error appears, I can still paste it in later using Ctrl-V and the typing effort isn't wasted.
Ha, I thought I might be the only one who did that.

Pellaz said:

Same.

Now since removing the search feature didn't solve the problem, can we have it back?

Barking Pumpkin said:
Sounds like you have an issue with your cookies. ^_^

I thought that was an issue also, related to my browser (avant browser) cause i have cookies turned off in it. I don't mind logging in each time I open the browser up, but every time I click on something is pretty bad. Maybe i'll turn them on. I'm thinking maybe it was a recent update to the browser that maybe changed something. Who knows, at least I know it's me and not everyone. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yep. If you have cookies disabled it will definitely cause problems with places where you need to be logged in or whatever.