anyone going to the Pittsburg Show?

Im going, Im not to sure of a setlist (song wise). Best to get her to listen to the the lastest cds from all three cause mostly likely it will be material from the following:

Dark Tran: Character
DTB: Synchesta (also check out the cd "Terria")

As for Dark Tranquillity and the Devin Townsend Band they will have 30-35 min sets while from reading somewhere, Opeth could poss. have a 1hr 15min+ set. Im comming from WV, about 1 1/2 drive from Clarksburg. Sucks, I might be driving by myself but to see those 3 bands its worth it.

Any of you looking for someone to hang out with/get a drink with before or after the show? I'm driving 5 hours alone from Rochester, NY.

-Isaac

Kenneth R. said:
now there's dedication. :headbang:

Yeah, I saw them in the fall when they came to Buffalo, NY. One of the best shows ever. And I frikkin' LOVE Dark Tranquility as well. Haven't heard the Devin Townsend Band much, but I do like his work with Strapping Young Lad and such.

So, pretty good show. I also had someone to come with me until a few days ago. Probably wouldn't have bought the tickets if I knew I'd be driving alone, but oh well! It'll be fun.

Hah Ive asked so many ppl here about going to the show and the answers are as followed:

-Whats a Opeth?
-Thats too far (1 1/2hr)
-Never heard of the venue, it sounds getto
(Its called Mr Smalls Theatre or Mr Smalls Funhouse/Skatepark)
-I dont like that type of music, is there any rap or country?

So this leaves me to drive up, 1 1/2+ hr North. So hmm Id like to meet up for a drink. Not sure where to meet up. Wonder when and where, also what time?

Mr Smalls Theater is a converted church. The sound is fucking miserable in there.

Hypergeek said:
So hmm Id like to meet up for a drink. Not sure where to meet up. Wonder when and where, also what time?

I'm probably gonna get there around 3 or 4, just to be safe. Don't want to miss the beginning. My real name is Isaac, and I can give you my cell phone number if you want, we could meet up that way.

Only problem with me is I've never been to Pittsburgh, so I have no idea. I'm going to be following Google Maps to get to Mr. Smalls, and hopefully there's a bar or something around there.

-Isaac

Jon Snow said:
Mr Smalls Theater is a converted church. The sound is fucking miserable in there.

Yeah it sucks, but at least the show is reasonably priced. I'll be there with quite a few buddies of mine, so if you see someone in a Still Life t-shirt with a beard, it's me. :hotjump:

Edit: Fix your title, it's Pittsburgh. Thanks.

Yea the sound isnt all that great. When I was there for KMDFM, I cant explain it but it was a tight box sound, somewhat meaning its alot packed in a small place making the sound bounce around.

If you go to www.mrsmalls.com you can find directions on there.

I was gonna leave around 3 here, guess I can head up sooner. My real name is James. My phone is busted from a mishap 2 wks earlier but if you want, drop for cell no. in my inbox and I'll call ya when I get in town. Not really sure what to tell others that wanna meet. Get there early and check the bars, maybe we can get a number of ppl together, guys and girls... haha girls get a free drink.

I'll be there. I am born and raised in Pittsburgh. I never heard anything about the sound being fucked up. I'll be sitting there in my wheel-chair, because I am fucked up. I am a leper, my skin is falling off, bones are melting away. Most times I have to pick my johnson up off the floor, my eyesight is bad,but I got great ears. Really, to listen to music that's all you need. Oh Yeah,I almost forgot, sometimes my stomach falls out my ass. Maybe I'll get some trim!! Peace.

15209 is the zip you can check it out on yahoo weather or weatherchannel.com It looks like on/off again flurries. Pretty damn cold as well. It will clear up toward the nitetime, changes for light snow on the way back through WV, if anything.

The show starts @ 8:00. But members are known to walk about the venue before the show, so maybe ya can score a pic or autograph. Im leaving here around 2/3pm, its only a 2 hr drive leaving me alot of time to look around plus its to be safe driving wise as well.

For anyone in around Pittsburgh, Devin Townsend will be at The Exchange @ 1pm. Its the one on the South Side. To confirm, heres the number:

412-488-7001

Eveveryone have a safe drive, hopefully see you all there.

After going again ans now seeing a metal scene there, it wasnt all to bad, the weather killed. It was such a great show the Devin Townsend Band: Amazing, Dark Tranquillity - Great Live show and awesome setlist

Opeth - Really, words cant tell what went on, I cant believe they went into Orchid, unbelieveable. The drummer from Bloodbath filling in for Lopez nailed 98% and improved some other parts. The crowd was loving all those epic opus' from Opeth. Great show.