Anyone hear "The Poisen Well"?

SergeantD1

Jul 19, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
I can't believe how AMAZING Damage Done is! The bonus track "I, Deception" is such a great song. I wish to have every song from this recording session and was wondering if anyone has heard the japanese bonus track "The Poisen Well"? If so, how is it? I am thinking about ordering the japanese version and also wanted to know if "I, Deception" is on it as well or do you get one or the other? Can anyone shed some light on this?

SergeantD

Originally posted by phyre
Methinks "I, Deception" is the weakest track on the regular album.

I thought so too the first times i heard it, but this song has become one of my favourite at DD, actually. Well, one of my twelve favourites, that is :)

Single Part of Two is a song I always skip. Which is strange, since the only other DT album with tracks I skip is Skydancer. I, Deception is also one of my favourites...

@Sergeant: I, Deception is the US and European bonus. Is not on jap edition.

Is the Japanese bonus track called "Poisen Well"? I've seen the song referred to as that many times before, but I assumed it was a typo in the past...

I'm pretty damn sure it is spelled "The Poison Well". And I want to have it - any news of Red_Beef and his attempts to get us the japanese DD?

-Villain

Yes, it's called The poison well and is the bonus track of the japaneese release. I want it badly and I really hope DT will upload the song on their site just as IF did with their bonustracks

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
Nah. Single Part of Two is weaker IMO.
:confused: :confused: :confused: !!! That's one of the absolute highlights together with "Hours Passed In Exile" and "Final Resistance"!!! The lead melody in SPo2 is just total rapture!

And there's even someone (Ormir) who agrees with you... I'm puzzled...

I'm slowly revising my opinion on Single Part of Two... its an awesome lil track, with a damn cool solo.
Currently... if asked to pick a weakest track... ah sod it. I can't do it.

Thing is, I wanted something flawed with this album, so I didn't sound a fanboy whenever I talked about it... :p

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
I'm slowly revising my opinion on Single Part of Two... its an awesome lil track, with a damn cool solo.
Currently... if asked to pick a weakest track... ah sod it. I can't do it.

I don't know how to say this...but I think the solo on that track sounds a little.....errr...weird/doesn't fit in/amateur-like/. ????
But it is a great songs, especially the electronics in the intro

hey. I'm a pretty much new fan of DT, I heard Haven and I've been into them since then, so far I've got Projector, Haven and Damage Done :) I like the more melodic, slightly slower paced sound of their newer albums, so as much as it seems to be said that stuff from The Mind's I, etc, is the best, I'll stick to the new stuff. :)

Anyway, about the previous post, Single Part Of Two is one of my fav. songs on DD, but yeah, the guitar solo kinda comes out of nowhere and it doesn't 'feel' right. However once you forget the weird way it begins, I like the way it goes. I think the weakest song on the album IMO is I, Deception, although I do like some parts of it; it's growing on me!!

I've only just got into this genre of music, and is it just me, or is Mikael Stanne's 'growl' so much better sounding than other melo-death metal bands? I don't like the 'shrieky' vocals that much, eg. In Flames, and I don't like the really deep rumbling type of vocals....
I like the sound of Amaran, I might get their album....but I've listened the songs 'Faith Healer' and 'Little Victory', and the drumming and guitars are remarkably similar in both.....hope the rest of the album isn't similarly...well....similar!

hi emjayhaych - YES!!! Stanne is FAR superior a vocalist than any in the genre IMO. Hell, he's the best vocalist in metal period! His voice is so powerful and full of emotion at the same time. He has a God-like sound and is probably the main reason why I love DT so much. In fact, I think he sounds particularly great on the "I, Deception" song - "Fallen I.....cling to deception uhh". That's such a great part. I even think his clean vox are outstanding and I hope to hear them again eventually.

Ok, guys, I got the Japanese version of the album, and, yes, "The Poison Well" does indeed rock. It's sort of chromatic in the guitar department, and honestly I don't know why it was left off. I'll let you know more specifics when I listen to it in-depth.

I heard it a couple of times months before the album was released so I don't really remember what it sounded like. I do remember thinking: why waste such a good track?
...I might still have an mp3 of it somewhere...

Whenever I search for Damage Done tracks on Kazaa (I downloaded all the tracks before I bought the album when it was released) I never find anybody with The Poison Well...... :(

Can I just have a moment of naivety and ask - do the Jap imports have Japanese lyrics and writing? and why the hell does Japan get the honour of having the releases with the bonus tracks in their midst???!! Surely Sweden would be more appropriate....

I know how to get hold of a Jap import of Haven, and in a while a Jap import of Damage Done....but I reckon to pay at least double price (Haven imp is £23ish where I've seen it) for one extra track is a bit much....

Originally posted by SergeantD1
In fact, I think he sounds particularly great on the "I, Deception" song - "Fallen I.....cling to deception uhh". That's such a great part.

haha. I'm listening to the album now and that song was on, and that part came on just as I was reading this post.. heh

yeah, Stanne's growl is awesome. Best singer in metal IMO.. and I too hope to hear him sing clean again someday. Not Projector Pt. 2 but something different.

and "Single Part Of Two" is awesome... I type just as it comes on (shuffle. yay.)