Anyone hear "The Poisen Well"?

Reading this thread is making me want to listen to DD. :mad: Too bad it was lost in the mail to CM and I'm never getting it back. I'll have to re-buy it at some point...

It's been almost month since I sent. Everyone else who has sent their CD after me in last 2 weeks I know of (in Scandinavia) has received theirs.

Originally posted by Ormir
Reading this thread is making me want to listen to DD. :mad: Too bad it was lost in the mail to CM and I'm never getting it back. I'll have to re-buy it at some point...

For real??? That's just life fucking with you. Feel sorry for you

Hmm... I sent an email to CM a few weeks ago, and I got the cd back the 2 days later. They apparently had forgot to send it :p

But that's not the point, I've listened to The Poison Well quite a few times, and since I couldn't find the lyrics anywhere, I took my own stab in the dark (if anybody wants me to send them this song, come on the UM irc channel):

+++

Unless another wall is breaking
Nothing can come of this
We lose him
Against our better judgement
Our image to stand crowned

Turn around and break the path
And let's get going to the place
Where nobody ever goes
Break the path
Where nobody ever goes

When ideals exceed frustrations
In a radical mind
We turn our aim
Always time for waiting
For it's that seal in you
So cowered

Break the path
Where nobody ever goes
Break the path
Where nobody ever goes

A thought to reflect you
An idea to perfect you
A flame to restrain you
No heart to forgive you

The poison well
All a lie

Break the path
Where nobody ever goes
Break the path
Where nobody ever goes

+++

I'm certain this is mostly right but if anybody has the Jap edition and can correct this, please do!

i don't have the jap edition, but i edited the lyrics database (to be up *erm* "pretty soon" :rolleyes: ) so i've had the lyrics from the start. here they come:

-----------------------------
13. the poison well [japanese bonus track]

- music: jivarp, sundin, henriksson
- lyrics: stanne

unless another wall is breaking
nothing can come of this
elusive

against our better judgement
allow our image to stand ground
turn around and

break the path and let's get going
to the place where nobody ever goes

nobody ever goes

with ideals as infestations
hinder the radical mind
retune our aim

now is time for hiding
for it stabs fear in you
so coward

nobody ever goes

a thought to infect you
an idea to perfect you

a flesh to restrain you
no heart to forgive you

the poison well
runs dry

nobody ever goes
--------------------------------

rahvin.

Thanks to Ormir, I now have it in mp3 format, and it is too good to waste as a bonus IMO...

Personally, the suddeness of the solo adds to its appeal...

And to the person who asked about Amaran, yeah they do all sound kinda similar, but its still a good album.

Did hear it once last week. Was at a party, really drunk but heard it. It had a really cool electronics intro. But that is all I can remember. I don't have a fast connection but it would be cool if I could download it somewhere

I uploaded the poison well on to my homepage via ftp, but I don't know where to go from there.

My hope page is registered as: http://personal.inet.fi/private/ormir/
I used a ftp program to create a subfolder called mp3, and loaded the poison well there. I don't know what to do now to get the page to work. I know I need something called index.htm on the site... If anybody who isn't as much of a clueless n00b as me could help out, it would be appreciated.

Well, I think you should link the poison well to index.htm by means of an html link? Does that sound right?

And I just have to say, Single Part of Two is the best song on the album, the best Dark Tranquillity song of all time, and probably the best death metal song ever written. Seriously. (Methinks my opinion ain't gonna be too popular 'round here, but here goes.)

Well, I think you should link the poison well to index.htm by means of an html link? Does that sound right?
I know absolutely nothing about html.
I need some clear instructions for an idiot :p

And I just have to say, Single Part of Two is the best song on the album, the best Dark Tranquillity song of all time, and probably the best death metal song ever written. Seriously. (Methinks my opinion ain't gonna be too popular 'round here, but here goes.)
It's the only song I skip on DD, and incredibly boring to my ears... To each his own.

can't help with html instructions, i'm afraid. i know a couple of things but i'm just learning and i wouldn't want to make trial and errors on someone else's page. ;)

i like single part of two a lot. definitely above average dt level.
i don't particularly like the poision well, although the lyrics are disquietingly moving.

rahvin.

Ormir. Simple.
If you have named the mp3 "Dark Tranquillity - The Poison Well" it can be found behind url "http://personal.inet.fi/private/ormir/mp3/Dark%20Tranquillity%20-%20The%20Poison%20Well". The "%20" is "space".