Anyone Here taking lessons with Steve Smythe?

Remy_5150

Aug 31, 2006
I know there was a thread about his online lessons a few months ago, and I Was wondering what people think of his teaching method now? Have you improved and learned alot that you wouldn't learn with a normal non-metal guitar teacher? I'm taking lessons where I'm learning jazz standards and such, and I'm seriously considering taking some lessons with Steve to work solely on technical metal stuff.

I'd love to here anyone's thoughts, but mostly from people who've taken lessons with him.

(And I know that no one needs lessons, its all about how much you commit yourself to the instrument, etc...I believe all that stuff too. I just need a kick in the ass, I haven't been playing much metal recently and I think taken lessons with Steve would help)

He is super helpful. He isn't just a metal player...he is very knowledgeable. But if metal is what you want...metal is what he will give you.:headbang:
He makes it very easy to learn and he has lots of good tips and tricks.
I haven't taken his online lessons but I have met him a few times and I have seen him at some clinics.

I Was wondering what people think of his teaching method now?

It was trying at first but I love it now. My second lesson was quite awful and I almost quit at that point.

Have you improved and learned alot that you wouldn't learn with a normal non-metal guitar teacher?

I don't know because I haven't taken lessons from anyone else. However, there is a confidence with him that I don't think I'd have with your average Joe Rocker teacher. Steve's obviously been there and done that in the metal world, so I know I'm doing things the right way, the metal way.

:headbang: :headbang:

shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll be able to talk you into it.

ive taken a couple lessons with him
hes incredibly paitent and helpful, but i have had to pause the lessons at the moment due to other commitments

Two of my friends took physical-actually there lessons from him. Though they weren't very committed, they seemed to learn a lot and enjoy his teaching.