Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
lordofthesewers said:
So, did any of you take guitar lessons? Just wondering.
I took for 2 months lessons from a friend to get me started, and since then I'm self taught, but i still suck none the less.

P.S.
Steve, when you start your internet lesson thingy, you can be sure that i will be your student in the art of shredding.
I got tired of being alone by myself with my guitar, so i think that until i take lessons the only thing i can study is learning solos and getting my alternate picking skill up a little.

Ive been taking privatelessons for 4 or 5 years now. Its really good having someone correcting you so that you dont learn to play "incorrectly".

Souls of Black said:
That sounds good Steve. Can you give a brief explanation of how the lesson will work? I mean, is it all tabbed, any sound files, etc.

I can't wait! :headbang: I am really getting back into playing and am really excited. Plus I just ordered my C7 and this would be timed perfectly.

BTW, not kissing ass here, just stating the obvious, You Rock Man! Thanks for your hard work.:worship:
Hey Souls, and everyone else interested in this online lesson program I am geting set to start.
A brief couple of notes~:
I am aiming to starthis up now by November 14th,2006. As a result of having The EssenEss Project towards completion, we're ready to get going.I'll have a thread started here by the weekend with all details.
Here's a couple of things about it:
Lessons will be done by instant messenger, with web camera with video and audio. All you have to have is a DSL or CABLE internet connection, and a decent web cam that provides the obvious: video/audio. I need to see you and hear you.
I am planning on doing hour only lessons, every other week, unless desired to do hour lessons weekly, the choice will be yours. More details later on this area( price, scheduling,etc).
I will be able to send written examples via e-mail, either during, or immediately following the lesson.
More details coming at the end of the week! We're getting ready to go global!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

In regards to the upcoming lessons, I've been held back a bit, as i'm waiting for some important news regarding my health.
My apologies for not posting this info here sooner. I'm still waiting for confirmation of one final thing in relation to my health issue.
I'm told I should have the "news" I'm waiting for by the end of this week, after which, I will send out e-mails, and post complete details regarding the lessons! Believe me, I'm anxious to do this! Stay tuned!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

thanks for posting Steve and letting us know what's up with the lessons.
First of all, i hope the news that you are waiting for is good and that you will have the kidney ASAP and be back with full health and strenght!
Second, I'm really anxious about the lessons, and I feel that some lessons will take all aspects of my playing to a new level. It will be hard in the begining for me to get over the: omfg, it is Steve Smyth from nevermore, my favorite band omg :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul

hey steve, did you already send out the details to the mailing list you were talking about in the update? i might have missed it since i didn't email you since the last forum solo competition.
paul

hey steve, did you already send out the details to the mailing list you were talking about in the update? i might have missed it since i didn't email you since the last forum solo competition.
paul
Hey LOTS, and anyone else interested in doing this with me.
I am in the middle of configuring a wireless network right now, and getting the other details regarding what IM we'll be using, etc. Sorry it's taking a little longer than expected, but am hoping to get a mail out this coming week with all details. Please e-mail me @ steve@stevesmyth.com with INTERNET GUITAR LESSONS in the title, and I'll add you to my list!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey Steve, I've tried to e-mail you a few time's with my standard hotmail account, but recieved no luck sending it.
I'm in the process of writing you another e-mail with my business e-mail at the moment. I'll send it shortly, so if you don't recieve it by tomorrow, let me know, and I'll PM you.
Glad to hear you're all well.
YOU RULE
-Zak :worship:

Hey Steve, I've tried to e-mail you a few time's with my standard hotmail account, but recieved no luck sending it.
I'm in the process of writing you another e-mail with my business e-mail at the moment. I'll send it shortly, so if you don't recieve it by tomorrow, let me know, and I'll PM you.
Glad to hear you're all well.
YOU RULE
-Zak :worship:
Hey Zak,
Yeah, I've heard that from a few people today as well...not sure what's up with that. Try again, 'cause I am getting e-mail there for sure!
And Thanks Man for the wellwishes! I appreciate it very much! So far, so good, and I plan on keeping it that way!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey Steve...Just sent you the e-mail 20-30 minutes ago...I certainly hope it worked. I'm glad your health is top notch now and your more than welcome.
The e-mail is not long, but I guess it does need reading. Hope you can help me out.
Take Care
-Zak:worship: :headbang:
Hey Zak,
Did not get it. Are you sure you've got my e-mail right? There's no "i" in my last name...:lol:
Correction: e-mail arrived tonight, though dated yesterday; strange, but I got it, and added you to the list man!)

Yeah, I got a mail message saying it was delayed eh... Yeah, must be something with hotmail. I wish they would changed their name to hot-fee-mail :lol: .
Yeah, I hope we can get some serious composige lol (I like making up word's) with ya bro. Can't wait... I don't have a credit card so is there any other way I can send payments? Like Western Union or something lol?
Thank's for the addage to the list.
You Rule
-Zak
PS Good crack at me getting your last name wrong... I am the guy in the local metal scene that corrects other people mispelling your name lol

Status
Not open for further replies.