Anyone here watch Criminal Minds on CBS?

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
If anyone here watched Criminal Minds on CBS, do you recall an episode that involved a kids room with Cds and/or posters on the wall? Would have been a heavy metal type kids room etc. Let me know please.

I love my name is earl..just had to say that.

MetalAges said:
If anyone here watched Criminal Minds on CBS, do you recall an episode that involved a kids room with Cds and/or posters on the wall? Would have been a heavy metal type kids room etc. Let me know please.

BenMech said:
Explain why you'd want to extend the stereotype, Deron?

-partial deletion of post.

**I will not tolerate religious insults of any nature/sect/denomination on this forum

Glenn H.

I don't think there's anything that needs explaining... it's not as if people who commit violent acts *never* listen to aggressive music, and some really twisted fucks may even internalize music in a way that is concurrent with their demeanor. The fear that some religious zealots or someone may see the show and interpret it as proof that metal is "bad", is not a reason worth taking into account, as far I can see. And after all, "Criminal Minds" is hardly a documantary. If a fictional show wants to portray something in a certain way and is looking for certain props to use on their set, I don't see why there's any problem with someone from a metal label helping provide those props. Worrying about that strikes me as being about as logical as some Italian-American groups complaining about "The Sopranos"

Damn I missed the reply before Glenn got it, message me online Mech so I can set you straight whatever it was :)

If anyone by any chance tapes this show, let me know as I would like a copy. I saw Google Video doesn't have their episodes for sale yet.

Side note, some MetalAges/InsideOut posters should be seen on a future episode of Supernatural on the WB channel.

Sumeet said:
I don't think there's anything that needs explaining... it's not as if people who commit violent acts *never* listen to aggressive music, and some really twisted fucks may even internalize music in a way that is concurrent with their demeanor. The fear that some religious zealots or someone may see the show and interpret it as proof that metal is "bad", is not a reason worth taking into account, as far I can see. And after all, "Criminal Minds" is hardly a documantary. If a fictional show wants to portray something in a certain way and is looking for certain props to use on their set, I don't see why there's any problem with someone from a metal label helping provide those props. Worrying about that strikes me as being about as logical as some Italian-American groups complaining about "The Sopranos"

Actually, the plot was such that the real murderer was trying to set up a local group of anti-religious metal fans by painting some fake satanist things at the crime scene. The local yokel cops bought it, but the FBI main characters were suspicious because there never have been any actual satanic serial murders (this is true). I recall that the head of the metal fans coming off relatively well when he gets questioned, although in a confident but slightly pissed manner that is generally designed to make the viewer suspicious of him. Also true is that some murderers will try to involve themselves in the investigation of their crime(s), which is what the actual murderer did in that episode.

The stereotype that the show does painfully extend is that of characters apparently memorizing big lists of literary and historical quotes so they can break them out here and there to impress people. I can't imagine that anyone in real life would actually (and regularly) open their mouth with something like "Francis Bacon said <quote>", and if there actually is such a person, I probably don't want to know them.