anyone in metal bands jewish? please help

billyboy7777

New Metal Member
Apr 23, 2004
Doing some research and couldn't think of many people that are in bands that are Jewish and was wondering if you knew anyone.
This is not a forum to be racist but a real question, thanks in advance for your help?

Marty Friedman - former Megadeth guitarist, was actualy born in Haifa, Israel.
Trey Azagthoth - Morbid Angel's guitarist, though i'm not sure about him.
Ben - Aeba (keyboard), a german black metal band.

there are more, i'm just too tired for that...going to sleep

oh and of course all the israeli bands - Orphaned Land, Salem, Melechesh, Lehavoth, Eternal Grey and so on...

No, no one in metal is Jewish. Don't you remember? They all died in that Holocaust thing. They don't exist.

Melechesh? Jewish? Haha, they fucking hate it.

There are lots of Jews in metal. I read somewhere that Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman of Slayer are Jewish. Steve Asheim of Deicide is definitely Jewish (you can tell by the last name and the way he looks), and the Hoffman brothers are probably Jewish too. Half of the band Biohazard is probably Jewish. Scott Ian of Anthrax is Jewish, and some other memebers probably are too.

Most of mine have already been said. Scott Ian, Slash, members of Orphaned Land, Biohazard, and Slayer(I believe).

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
No, no one in metal is Jewish. Don't you remember? They all died in that Holocaust thing. They don't exist.

Melechesh? Jewish? Haha, they fucking hate it.

Melechesh is and Israeli band! of course they're fuckin jewish. they just live in belgium or Holland...i don't know

oh and yes, all religions are fucked up, including judaism and there is no difference between christianity and judaism!

Thanatopsis123 said:
Hmmmm.... I've heard from some that Melechesh were atheist and and others have said jewish. I tried finding out on their site once but couldnt' find shit. Can anyone clear this up for sure?

sure they can be atheists but they were born jews!

take me for instance...i'm an atheist but a very non religious jew.
still a jew!

I read that Melechesh were actually of Syrian-Armenian descent and just happened to be living in Israel. One of the reasons they left the country supposedly is because they faced discrimination for not being Jewish.

megamich said:
Melechesh is and Israeli band! of course they're fuckin jewish. they just live in belgium or Holland...i don't know

oh and yes, all religions are fucked up, including judaism and there is no difference between christianity and judaism!

I'm pretty sure they're anti-Religion, and they have an album called "As Jerusalem Burns...", enough said.

I looked on a few different sites and from comments and interviews, I think Chuck was Jewish. It doesn't change my opinion of him though. I still think he was a cool guy and good musician.

couple things here

1) I think the poster was just asking which members are BORN jewish, not whether theyre jewish through praciting the religion, etc.

2) Melechesh are NOT jewish. I've talked to them on MSN about this issue before, only one member of the band is, think the bass player. They HATE being called Israeli metal.

Jaded said:
They HATE being called Israeli metal.
Who wouldn't? Just because you originate from a certain place, doesn't mean that you automatically define that region's sound. Only extremely rare exceptions exist, i.e. Seattle Sound, Gothenburg Sound, Bay Area Sound, Floridian Sound.

I always hated how SOAD were called Armenian rock.