Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

:lol: hi Mitch, long time no see, thought you were all in with the bikes, was actually thinking about writing to you about that Jackson, good to hear you're holding on to it! I'd like to see that "only for an hour" guitar playing of yours, likely to still be ass-wiping style ;)

I was actually planning on this. My ability to play solos is somewhat limited, so if Arcane can play it it'll probably turn out way better than what I could do. Any wishes on what kind of a backing track you want for it? I'm still working on a fast and epic chorus but once I get to doing the backing stuff for the solo I'll have some idea of what to do. Chord progression/s or riffs? How long?
Gp5 file is ok. Everything else I don't care

:lol: hi Mitch, long time no see, thought you were all in with the bikes, was actually thinking about writing to you about that Jackson, good to hear you're holding on to it! I'd like to see that "only for an hour" guitar playing of yours, likely to still be ass-wiping style ;)

Hey dude :wave: And no seriously, my playing sucks! My fingers can't keep up with the music anymore. :lol:

Hey Mitch! I doubt your playing is that bad and it doesn't take all that long to get it back

I dunno about time limits everyone- I've been busy lately as well and am still writing my song in guitar pro so there's no rush. Maybe when people finish their song they could upload it to youtube and post it here and I'll put it in the first post. Then when everyone's done we could combine all the songs into an album unless someone has a better idea?

Haha how many times have I heard that and then be left :OMG:

That was in the past mate. :D:D

I could try make a deadline of 31st Dec, can't promise anything but I still need to find all my files with compositions etc...will be good to get my head down and give me something to focus on during the crappy Xmas period.

What about a first deadline at Dec. 31 this year?

Sounds good to me. Enough time to get the song ready, get bored of it, edit it, and repeat the whole process a few times. Hopefully at least. I'm still stuck on the chorus :D I have a certain melody I'm thinking of but can't try at the moment as I'm not at home.

Song is done apart from Arcane's solo and some keyboard stuff. Didn't get everything from Joonas' instructions into it, but most of it is there. It turned out quite a bit longer than expected (5:42) :D I might trim it down a bit by removing some repetitions though.

Having done some edits the song is now 4:38 long. Won't get shorter than that but there's no need either I think. I'll probably re-record some sloppy guitar work tomorrow, perhaps do something with the solo backing track, and then I'll probably upload a demo and the GP5 file for Arcane so he can compose (I'm assuming it was part of the plan. I can try to come up with something if you want to, but I'm mostly good at making really slow and hopefully epic solos. Anything fast (As in, faster than ~130 BPM) is of out of limits as of now), play and record a solo for it.

If anyone (iPot, I think you forgot? :D) has the old COBOT albums, I'd like to have them too. I have the second so no need for that, but I don't have the rest so if someone could upload them somewhere I might give them a virtual tip of the hat.

If anyone (iPot, I think you forgot? :D) has the old COBOT albums, I'd like to have them too. I have the second so no need for that, but I don't have the rest so if someone could upload them somewhere I might give them a virtual tip of the hat.

Sorry I totally forgot about it. I'll try to do it tomorrow if I remember because now I need to get some sleep.

I won't be able to start mine until at least next Tuesday ish but if I do struggle to get it done I'll just send over something I recorded like 10 years ago haha.

Maybe I could contribute a song to the album too. This event is a good reason or more of an excuse to myself to write again. Because I'm a lazy ass when it comes to write down what I'm playing...so I had a lot of ideas through the past years, but sadly they just flow away...:(

I won't be able to start mine until at least next Tuesday ish but if I do struggle to get it done I'll just send over something I recorded like 10 years ago haha.

You have plenty of time. I actually used one of my old melodies for the chorus of my song. The rest of it is new.

As for my song? Haven't been making any progress now for a few days and won't be making any more until on Monday the earliest as I'm again away from home. Then again, the song is mostly ready so its not like I would be behind schedule :D