Anyone into classical music?

epicous

Nov 29, 2002
metal-rules.com
Does anyone like classical music?
I watch tv transmissions of orchestras, listen classical music radio stations and collect cds.
My favourite period is Baroque (Vivaldi, JS Bach, Händel, Couperin).

I'm a big fan of classical music, Adagio for Strings is my faveourite peice, although i forget the composer right now. i know its played at the end of the movie 'platoon' thoug

can you reccomend any pieces? im very interested in hearing more

epicous said:
I watch tv transmissions of orchestras, listen classical music radio stations and collect cds.

Not an expert, but I like a lot of what I hear. I have only a small collection tho: a little Beethoven, some Rachmaninoff, the Brandenburg Concertos, and "Pelleas und Melisande" by Schoenberg. Of course, I've "heard" that ubiquitous John Cage number, and listened to some Bartok and Vivaldi. My favourite piece right now is Beethoven's "Fur Elise".

epicous said:
can't really name a period(my knowledge of classical is limited haha)... but i listen to some classical... Wagner, Dvorak, Vivaldi... a few others...

i dont knwo much about classical or anything. but there are a lot of songs that i think someone should make a cover on....they would so bad ass. but yea, i tend to listen to classical i its on tv....mainly cause i love piano...piano is like my favorite instrument other then like guitars....or the infamous....TRIANGLE! :hotjump: :hotjump: :OMG: :OMG: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I love classical as well, my favourite period is the romanntic period so Wagner and Beethoven are my favourite composers. I'm not too fond of Baroque 'cause i find it too happy sounding most of the time (i make an exception for Vivaldi) Other composers i like Tchaivoksky, Stravinksy, Debussy, Rachmaninov, some Mozart etc. I think that classical, jazz and extreme metal are the most advanced forms of western music.

Skippy said:
Adagio for Strings is my faveourite peice, although i forget the composer right now.
Giazotto "reconstructed" the now-famous Adagio in about 1945, based on the surviving fragment of Tomaso Albinoni. To him it suggested a piece that would be played in church, so he added an organ. It is perhaps ironic that Albinoni's rediscovery by the wider public in our own times was largely based on this ever-popular piece which Albinoni would only barely recognize.

diabolical said:
I think that classical, jazz and extreme metal are the most advanced forms of western music.
I thought jazz was a blend of afroamerican and western music...

yes! classical music has always been a big part of my life, and surely it always will be :)

my current favorite composer is probably Carl Orff. seeing Carmina Burana is the greatest thing ever happened to me. this may sound weird, but it's true. it was better than seeing Amorphis 4 times (my favorite band who i love more than almost anything)

i also enjoy Jean Sibelius, especially Valse Triste. Finlandia is cool too and Karelia Suite.

and Vivaldi!! Four Seasons is brilliant! he captured the atmospheres of different seasons damn well. beautiful music <3

i also like Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann, Händel, Haydn, Wagner, Tsaikovsky, Grieg, Gounod and Dvorak.. and a bunch of other composers whose names i don't recall atm

Operas i like also. Faust by Charles Gounod (or how the hell do you spell his name) is probably my favorite. The Flying Dutchman is nice too, and Juha.

Errrm...I started listening to Deep Purple's Concerto For Group & Orchestra today! :D

I'd like to check out some Wagner though :) but I suppose you don't 'check out' classical music the same way you 'check out' Metal bands though :erk:

Sure you can! Cheaper CDs too! :cool:

Bach is my favorite, but I also thoroughly enjoy Stravinsky, Beethoven, and many others.