music apart from metal?

spaffe

Geisterglut
Feb 25, 2002
Sverige
www.skivsamling.nu
i was wondering what you guys are listening to apart from metal, if you are ;)

the only non-metal stuff that comes out of my speakers is classical music mostly vivaldi, haydn, händel, bach and mozart.

but also a quite famous group called "the dubliners", they've been around for 40 years and are still making some great irish folkmusic, anyone else here who likes that kind of stuff? :)

Yeah you've got good music taste, me thinks. Bands (no particular genre) outside metal which I like are: Down, ofthewandandthemoon, The Misfits and Sorten Muld.

I do tend to like some Folk stuff as well as classical music.
And I really like alot of the symphony stuff, like Wagner...

Aggressor said:
I do tend to like some Folk stuff as well as classical music.
And I really like alot of the symphony stuff, like Wagner...
yes folk is nice even though i'm only into one folk band :)
perhaos you could recomend me some good folkgroups?

hm.. i don't really like wagner that much i think his music is a bit too... how shall i put it, turgid perhaps.

Patric: the only band of those that i've heard is misfits and i didn't like what i heard, doesn't matter how cult or classic they are :p

NP: kampfar - i ondskapens kunst

Schubert, Vivaldi, The Cure, some gothy doomy stuff, but not stuff like anathema, too complainy and emotional. feelings are for the weak.

Celtic and folk roman music like Sinaulia.Oi!punk,HIM,Theatre of Tragedy and movie soundtracks(my favourite at the moment its the one from Gladiator).

Classical, J-Rock/pop, Goth rock, (well I guess rock in general, from several countries and time periods), darkwave, opratic...

I pretty much listen to a little of everything...though in some genres it may only be one song or one group

i like classic rock and stuff like that too! like led zeppelin and lynyrd skynyrd and stuff. stuff that has originality realy like AC/DC and the frist 3 fear factory albums and such. depending on the mood like if im at work or something i can listen to stuff like steve vai and whatever else my dad puts on! for me nothing helps me work better than some steve vai or anything with a great screaming classy/jazz guitarist. but other than work or if im in a bad mood or something i realy only go for metal whether its something less heavy like iron maiden and stuff or something like amon amarth or hate eternal or sometimes some pure pissed off mutilating gore grind like exhumed or last days of humanity!!

NP: Zyklon-World ov Worms (pretty rippin!!)

spaffe said:
Patric: the only band of those that i've heard is misfits and i didn't like what i heard, doesn't matter how cult or classic they are :p

NP: kampfar - i ondskapens kunst

Blah! You think I listen to them because of that?

Patric said:
Blah! You think I listen to them because of that?

no no, perhaps i expressed myself a bit clumsy there, i mean i don't like them, and the the "point-out-tounge-smily" was there in order to show how silly it is if you just like something because it's cult etc.

I occasionally listen to some grung... not very often, though. also own A Perfect Circle and Tool CDs... it's a rarity when these CD's get played, they should be damned pleased when I play them!

Dillinger Escape Plan

and some other stuff. But DEP is insane.

Patric - But you told me you listen to a lot of Manowar in your e-mail...

Ok, that wasn't a funny joke. Nevermind.

Hahahahahah...nah, I think that was pretty funny...well, I gotta go listen to some more Twisted Sister, see ya!

I love to listen even to Michael(Gaychael)Jackson.Did I tell you when I forced him to have sex with a chair(the chair was the active one)?Oh,he was so happy!
P.s.Of course Im not joking :devil: :D !

Hahah Gaychael Jackson...I see Cadarn that you share the same hate with me to this man!

ps: What's the similarity between Micheal Jackson and a shopping bag? They're both made of plastic and are dangerous for kids!

I listen to a variety of music aside from metal. Folk, industrial, country, classic and southern rock, classical, jazz, and neo-classical.

Spaffe, for folk, I recommend Tenhi, Forseti, Orplid, Frank Rennicke, and Corona Borealis to start out with.