anyone know who is support is for Sonata Arctica tour?

JosephAcevedo said:
Last I heard it was Into Eternity but they have dropped off and won't be doing the tour anymore. I am curious as to who will be supporting them on the tour coming next year!

My band, Prymary, is opening for Sonata Arctica in February at the Galaxy (Santa Ana, CA) and Into Eternity is supposed to be the support for that show. I hope so, they tore it up at PPV! Hopefully we'll be seeing some of the PP board folks there to check out the new Prymary material in the flesh as well.

Until then, we're off to see Stratovarius tonight at the same venue!!!!!!:headbang: Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa.

Into Eternity dropped off the tour. Opeth will be their 5th tour this year, and they decided to back out of their big tours early next year to work on their next record. Funny little tidbit, one of the band members wrote "Into Eternity shat 5 times in this stall" in the Jaxx club shitter.

digitalink said:
My band, Prymary, is opening for Sonata Arctica in February at the Galaxy (Santa Ana, CA) and Into Eternity is supposed to be the support for that show. I hope so, they tore it up at PPV! Hopefully we'll be seeing some of the PP board folks there to check out the new Prymary material in the flesh as well.

Until then, we're off to see Stratovarius tonight at the same venue!!!!!!:headbang: Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa.

What a surprise because thats the show I'll be attending to see Sonata Arctica next year. I haven't heard your band yet. give me a link to your mp3's and i'll check em out.

digitalink said:

Duuuuuuuuuuude! Met you in front during DC Cooper. I suppose I should check out the sites to see if you guys are playing any closer than Santa Ana. I think it's HOB or Key Club in L.A. for this tour. Good Luck with the tour!

BlackenedDawn said:
Into Eternity dropped off the tour. Opeth will be their 5th tour this year, and they decided to back out of their big tours early next year to work on their next record. Funny little tidbit, one of the band members wrote "Into Eternity shat 5 times in this stall" in the Jaxx club shitter.
LOL I saw that last time I was there. It said that, but then after it was something like "and it ruled". LMAO

not to cause panic but I heard that the US tour was cancelled. the HOB in Chicago pulled the show from the web site and I mentioned the show a few weeks back here and someone posted that they cancelled this US tour. I really hope not.

Diabolik said:
not to cause panic but I heard that the US tour was cancelled. the HOB in Chicago pulled the show from the web site and I mentioned the show a few weeks back here and someone posted that they cancelled this US tour. I really hope not.

i didnt see a Chicago date on the site recently. in fact, im not sure i saw any US dates on there. if Sonata cancels this tour, my patience for them will be stretched thin...

Diabolik said:

Tickets are on sale for Sonata Arctica and Into Eternity at The Pound in SF for Feb 9th. Now again, with all the tours Into Eternity has been doing I wouldn't be surprised if they did cancel to go back into the studio. If you watched the PPUSA DVD you would know that CM has thrown in IE's name into every tour imaginable and that can just get overwhelming, they will need a break eventually.

Bear

Into Eternity dropped, last I heard/read was that they were looking into getting Machine Men to possibly come as support

And all the dates, including the Chicago dates are still on the Sonata Arctica site, I don't know where you guys are looking, but the dates are on there

Petethedrummer said:
Into Eternity dropped, last I heard/read was that they were looking into getting Machine Men to possibly come as support

And all the dates, including the Chicago dates are still on the Sonata Arctica site, I don't know where you guys are looking, but the dates are on there

I don't see the Chicago date on their tour page.
Am I blind?
Edit: Nevermind. I see it now, though there's no venue listed.

Diabolik said:

I spent 10 minutes this morning googling "Sonata Arctica US Tour Dates" and I didn't find anything. The booking agent through whom I've booked the Minnesota date knows nothing about it and in fact was extremely annoyed when I asked him about it.

May I ask where you go this information?

Also, people relax, the US Tour Dates ARE still on Sonata's website, just change the date at the top to "2006."

I also heard that Machine Men may be added as support to the US tour. I am kind of happy Into Eternity is off the bill. I have nothing against them. I like them alot but I don't wanna get burnt out on them. They did the Beyond the Embrace/Amorphis Tour, Krisiun/Incantation/Hate Eternal tour, HammerFall/Edguy tour, Stratovarius tour and now the Opeth/Nevermore. That is alot!

JosephAcevedo said:
What a surprise because thats the show I'll be attending to see Sonata Arctica next year. I haven't heard your band yet. give me a link to your mp3's and i'll check em out.

Joseph, cool, we will look for you. Our link is at the bottom of my posts.
mp3s are in the discography section. Check out the site and sign the guestbook.

Kitty beast - it was great meeting you too! We are planning a grip of other shows up your way ... the Key Club would be nice. But if you can make the drive, the Galaxy is a great venue.

Speaking of which, saw I/E and Stratovarius at the Galaxy last night and it was packed (on a Monday night). Both bands were FUCKING AWESOME! I/E's new singer rocks; great voice. And they confirmed that they won't be on the Sonata tour, bummer. Anyhow, hope to see you guys at the show.

Mike

I was speaking with IE after the Strato show at the pound in Sf. They said that after this they are going home and are probably not going to be back for 2 or so years. Their label is throwing them into the studio to get an album out and then they are heading for a Europeon tour that is apparently already booked... eihter way I really don't SA to cancel this tour. I bought my ticket for the last one 6 months in advance then it got pushed back another 5 months. I had that ticket for 11 months and then it got cancelled... I still have the damn thing.... oh well, hope to see them..

I think I'm done..