Anyone need some new band logos?

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
Only thing wrong with the Havenless one is the cliche pentagram.

Haha, yeah, but that makes it more "tr00", lol.

ubiquitos said:
i think the first "s" in the "havenless" logo should have a spike coming up from the top of it like on the "n", really cool thou....

........what program do u use to create these?

If Tindor wants anything else changed, he can tell me, though I see what you mean. I use Photoshop for the effects and stuff, but the general shape is done by me. Scanners are a necessity, lol.

If you're interested in doing another, I could use a good new logo for my band, Nocturnal Sun. It's not really a band, just me. The first cd was all dark atmospheric guitar pieces, but my 2nd cd I'm trying to put together some death metal pieces, so I could go for a death metal-type logo. Something similar to the first one (on www.freewebs.com/nocturnalsun or just look at my avatar), but with a more fierce look to it, to get the feel of a death metal cd. Possibly something like the old In Flames logo from the Jester Race and Lunar Strain days. If you could do it 4 me, that would be badass :).

oneshotendsthiswar said:
me next if youre still offering. my bands name is the showdown, we're not really death metal but i would like the logo to be totally ridiculous and unreadable. nothing satanic though if you dont mind. my email is joshuachilders@hotmail.com . thanks.josh.

Ok, I went for something really nuts. I think this kinda looks "ridiculous and unreadable", lol.

showdown_big.jpg

I thought it needed some insanity, so added the eyeball to it and distorted it some. I also kept symmetry out of it to make it more ridiculous, haha. Crazy enough for you, Josh?

We're actually in between names now, and we've somewhat settled on Tikdoshe. It would be so cool if you could make a black metally logo for that. Think Dimmu Borgir meets Darkthrone.

Ok, I didn't expect this many people to make requests, but I'm going to have to step in now. I only want to continue doing logos for bands that are going to use them on upcoming demos, posters, whatever. I want to get my designs out into the scene, but I dont want to draw up logos if you guys arent serious about your band or if you dont have anything planned yet to put the logo on. Please follow these rules, and I'll start adding names to the list more, lol.

I didn't realise there were so many bands on Ultimate Metal myself. =P Ah, some of you should have seen the days of Opeth o/t, hehe. :cool: There are other artists on UM to help stem the flow of the tide, if things ever get backed-up TaylorC. ;o)

Don't worry TaylorC. This name change will be official. The logo will go on T-shirts, our soon-to-be website, and maybe even on my new bass drum heads.

We're stuck between three names.

Diablo Tierra- our metal side

Noisy Cricket- our funk side

Tikdoshe- neutral

We're probably going with the latter.

Metal is Religion said:
could you possibly do Shames Hollow? its a concept of a place where shamed souls dwell, i have something i made, but i just wanna see what you come up with, and i might use it if its better than mine. we are just all around metal. thanks

Hey, this is something I thought of might be cool, with the meaning behind the name.

shames.jpg

If you don't care much for that one, I can just do the logo with flames on it or something else to suit the name well.

anonymousnick2001 said:
We're actually in between names now, and we've somewhat settled on Tikdoshe. It would be so cool if you could make a black metally logo for that. Think Dimmu Borgir meets Darkthrone.

Were you thinking like the old Dimmu logo? The new one is kinda... well, it sucks, lol. Is there a meaning behind Tikdoshe? I don't speak other languages, haha.

TaylorC said:
Hey, this is something I thought of might be cool, with the meaning behind the name.

shames.jpg

If you don't care much for that one, I can just do the logo with flames on it or something else to suit the name well.

yeah, you kinda got what i wanted. could you possibly make it more 'smokelike'? i dunno, i like that font you used though. and by the way, we are playing a battle of the bands in D.C. in May, so we might just use it. thanks

TaylorC said:
Were you thinking like the old Dimmu logo? The new one is kinda... well, it sucks, lol. Is there a meaning behind Tikdoshe? I don't speak other languages, haha.
Yeah, definitely the old Dimmu Borgir logo.

Tikdoshe is the Zulu name of an African spirit creature that roams the jungle at night in search of human flesh. However, if you defeat him, you get magical powers. Very metal, if you ask me, but the tribal background fits with our funk theme.

The really wispy black metal logos always looked really "tribal" to me. the old Dimmu Borgir is the best I've seen so far, although Darkthrone's is good as well.