Anyone need some new band logos?

BulletRider said:
If you're still doing free logos, my band needs one quite badly. We are death metal, but not overly brutal. Our name is Illuminati. Thanks!

Is this good, yet not "overly brutal"?

illuminati.jpg

first of all, i was wondering how i could make similar logos in things such as photoshop or something of the sort. I have pretty good PS skills and would like to know how to make logos as well. Any tutorials or mind giving me a few pointers? Thanks

Oh and my band's name is No Mercy. Kinda all around metal, with influences from everything from power/progressive metal, nu-metal, nu-thrash, and thrash metal. So maybe a thrash metal logo. Nothing too brutal or death metal and nothing too gothic or black metal. I have to back off of those for a while, the members of this band hate black metal and death metal. Because 1) the vocalists are too freaky 2) it's too "hardcore" for them. I was about to shit my pants laughing.

If you don't want to make it i'd like to know how to make logos like i said anyways. We hope to have a self produced/distributed demo/EP out by this year hopefully. We're all going to be freshmen in high school next year(with the exception of our drummer because he got held back) so it may be hard to get it on shirts and crap like that.

I'm thinking more of a thrash metal logo. Easy to read(wow this is a first in this thread :loco: ) but not utterly retarded looking like the nu-metal band logos. lmao. No Pentagrams or anything like slayers, no barbs like metallica, Maybe a testament feel too it. Or a Tool feel since the band is heavily influenced by Tool. Nothing like Anthrax or Overkill....Megadeth and Testament have nice logos. Maybe start of with that and we'll see how it goes. If you want i'll upload a working idea for a cover to an EP/LP/Demo or whatever.

Urm. Ok, this is annoying me. Someone, anyone, take a quick 5 minute completely random browse through bands on metal-archives.com. Look at the band logos. TaylorC and clients, the 'portfolio' in this thread is less than impressive. No major offense intended. :err: :err: :err:

SculptedCold said:
Urm. Ok, this is annoying me. Someone, anyone, take a quick 5 minute completely random browse through bands on metal-archives.com. Look at the band logos. TaylorC and clients, the 'portfolio' in this thread is less than impressive. No major offense intended. :err: :err: :err:

None taken, especially from a Mudvayne fan. Seriously, I do what they ask me to do and several have not been specific at all. Let's see you put forth some impressive works. I don't know what you're expecting from me, but with logos you get what you pay for. Since they're FREE in this case, you shouldn't expect my designs to look like the other bands. I've been asked to do so many band logos, and I dont want to spend hours working on them like the professionals do, especially since they're getting paid to do just that and I'm not. No major offense intended, but some opinions are better kept to yourself.

TaylorC said:
None taken, especially from a Mudvayne fan. Seriously, I do what they ask me to do and several have not been specific at all. Let's see you put forth some impressive works. I don't know what you're expecting from me, but with logos you get what you pay for. Since they're FREE in this case, you shouldn't expect my designs to look like the other bands. I've been asked to do so many band logos, and I dont want to spend hours working on them like the professionals do, especially since they're getting paid to do just that and I'm not. No major offense intended, but some opinions are better kept to yourself.
I'm not going to 'put forth' my 'works' here because I don't want to embarrass you in front of the people you've fairly acquired for a logo....but 'you get what you pay for'?? That's bull. Artwork doesn't even give that statement a meaning. It'd be more appropriate to say that no-one would actually pay you for your logos. go to www.darktruth.net On the front page you'll see the logo I did for him, for free, when I knew the chances of him releasing anything isn't likely any time soon. He resized it and re-recoloured it for his page, but if you want to see the original, feel free to pm me. Get what you pay for? :lol: Your stuff doesn't look any better than plain text with a couple filters and effects on them.

I agree. you cant expect someone to pay your without showing quality work first. Practice and design making professional logos and then someone may see your work and then you might get paid for it.

:err: Cripple Decapitation is "brilliant"? Looks like every other pathetic black metal logo I've ever seen. Honestly, SculptedCold, don't try to give me advice when thats what you do for free too. I could've drawn that with my eyes closed. It seems I'm getting tons of requests, so what would make you think people wouldn't pay for these kinds of logos I do? When someone actually bothers to tell me specifics about how good they want their logo to look, AND they're willing to pay for it, then I'll do something of high quality. Anyways, I'm working on the Tikdoshe one right now, and I have to say your Cripple Decapitation one makes me laugh so hard. That website you listed also doesn't show up for me.

Oh, boy. I can't wait.

For the record, mine was very specific. I have great faith in TaylorC. My logo might be the one that proves y'all wrong.

*rubs hands in eagerness*

First of all; I wanted the Cripple Decap logo to be chaotic and almost unreadable like many other death metal and black metal logos. That's what I wanted, and Sculpted sure delivered the goods. I also enjoy a bit of symmetry - and the logo has a beatiful, symmetric feel to it. It's much more interesting than the "Standard font taken from a webpage with 2 PS layers added" ones.

This is another logo made by SculptedCold.. Looks professional and slick:

embalmedv1.txt

Yeah, a little overpowering isn't it? That was my first ever logo, but it wasn't for any band so I didn't bother doing much with it. The Scapegoat logo henrikmain links to is the first version, the final one is;
scapegoatwebb.txt

In the end, the band didn't use it and kept a 'logo' of plain text (the morpheus font). Can't think why though. :erk:

SculptedCold said:
Yeah, a little overpowering isn't it? That was my first ever logo, but it wasn't for any band so I didn't bother doing much with it. The Scapegoat logo henrikmain links to is the first version, the final one is;
scapegoatwebb.txt

In the end, the band didn't use it and kept a 'logo' of plain text (the morpheus font). Can't think why though. :erk:

That logo is my favorite of yours :)