¯\(°_o)/¯
Feb 18, 2008
Germany
is it any good?
can't really tell from the samples on the TT page
and it seems like there is nothing about this on youtube,
except from the making of video.

i am thinking to replace the metal foundry with this one
as it seems to have much better recorded shells (for my taste)

any info appreciated! :)

I have it and it's probably my favorite sample library out right now.

do you have any clips made with the SDX? :)

i am really looking for something where i do no thave to replace all the shells completely
to make it sound any good like with the metal foundry.

i am looking more for a good basic sound, which i can optimize by blending some samples in...

I was just about to post an identical thread! Seems really good but there are little real life examples

I find it hard to believe the raws from Metal Machine would be shitty in any real way. Metal Foundry is a little too "splat"-y to my ears- a little muddy and mids-dominant. The Metal Machine kit is incredibly snappy and clear, so that's likely what you would be getting.

I find it hard to believe the raws from Metal Machine would be shitty in any real way. Metal Foundry is a little too "splat"-y to my ears- a little muddy and mids-dominant. The Metal Machine kit is incredibly snappy and clear, so that's likely what you would be getting.
Not to mention that I have heard that Metal Foundry drums are not tuned and sound terrible as a result of this.

do you have any clips made with the SDX? :)

i am really looking for something where i do no thave to replace all the shells completely
to make it sound any good like with the metal foundry.

i am looking more for a good basic sound, which i can optimize by blending some samples in...

This is my go to kit right now. I love one hi hat, the cymbals are pretty good although a couple of have some weird over tones. The snares are awesome! The toms are good not great to me. The kick is one of my favorites from Toontrack but I'm not a huge fan of how their kicks sound. I've got 2 different samples. One is a mid tempo metalcore kind of track. The other is thrash/death metal mix.

https://db.tt/8D8wgBnL <--Metalcore

https://db.tt/TwfvRFkd <--Death/Thrash

I have it and I haven't done TOO MUCH work in it, and I'm still a novice at mixing drums. But I recently came up with a drum mix using Metal Machinery that I like.

This is my go to kit right now. I love one hi hat, the cymbals are pretty good although a couple of have some weird over tones. The snares are awesome! The toms are good not great to me. The kick is one of my favorites from Toontrack but I'm not a huge fan of how their kicks sound. I've got 2 different samples. One is a mid tempo metalcore kind of track. The other is thrash/death metal mix.

https://db.tt/8D8wgBnL <--Metalcore

https://db.tt/TwfvRFkd <--Death/Thrash

sounds pretty good, especially the second one!
is this pure MM or are there more other samples in there?
seems like an instant buy though, ordering now...:lol:

sounds pretty good, especially the second one!
is this pure MM or are there more other samples in there?
seems like an instant buy though, ordering now...:lol:

This is pure MM, obviously lots of processing on the tracks. But there is great potential throughout. I have Metal Foundry as well, and I very much so prefer Metal Machine.

^ Metal Machine or Metal Machinery? ;) The discussion here pertains to using Metal Machinery, the SDX with unprocessed samples that were recorded for the Metal Machine EZX.

^ Metal Machine or Metal Machinery? ;) The discussion here pertains to using Metal Machinery, the SDX with unprocessed samples that were recorded for the Metal Machine EZX.

My bad, I meant Machinery.

ok, i've spent some time with MM now and i am not sure if i like it.
the shells sound pretty decent, i really like the kicks. snares seem a bit muffled,
there is definitively something missing. toms are pretty disappointing, really weak and unbalanced.
there is also definitively a strange sound to some cymbals, almost like a resonance that cuts through everything.

i hoped for this to be the all in one thing but i guess i'll still have to combine, thinking of MM shells and MF cymbals, could work...

i guess i'll still have to combine, thinking of MM shells and MF cymbals, could work...

That is what I do too.

Also, I just got the Nashville EZX and the shells sound amazing. I'm combining them with MF cymbals and getting really good results.

It's good, but it's not drastically different than what you get with Metal Machine. It sounds like exactly what it is... a more natural, less processed version of Metal Machine to start with as a base.

@Delitzsch
i've heard only good things about nashville but i really do
not wnt to start buying EZX's again, jsut sold them all :D

i think the standard avart kit has some great snares
but tha Xdrum thing is absolute shit, i hope that toontrack
will provide an easier way to combine sounds like in EZdrummer2

@Josh Burgess
yeah it's pretty OK but i have expected a bit more, time to start one of these crowdfunding things,
to create the ultimat drum vsti, no ueless shit just pure sound and basic routing options, seriously somebody should do that

i think the standard avart kit has some great snares

I'm in agreement with you there. There's a couple of snares in that kit that really shine. Sometimes I'll use an Avatar snare layered with a snare from Metal Machine for certain projects.

i definitively need to check out how the xdrum thing works!
i also have the lost NY studios SDX which has some great shells,
especially the toms sound incredible compared to metal foundry/metal machinery

ok, i've spent some time with MM now and i am not sure if i like it.
the shells sound pretty decent, i really like the kicks. snares seem a bit muffled,
there is definitively something missing. toms are pretty disappointing, really weak and unbalanced.
there is also definitively a strange sound to some cymbals, almost like a resonance that cuts through everything.

i hoped for this to be the all in one thing but i guess i'll still have to combine, thinking of MM shells and MF cymbals, could work...

I know what you mean on the weird cymbal resonances. I try to find the cymbals with the least displeasing resonances/overtones, and then notch them out. On the snares I use a multiband around the low mids, and it seems to help the snares cut through the mix better, and get rid of muddiness.