Anyone up for mixing / reamping / mastering some modern metal?

KlotziDotCom

New Metal Member
Dec 23, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm a little bit at loss because I tried to get decent results from a decent guy but apparently, he's too busy - either that, or our playing is just too shitty.

Anyways, I play in a 5-piece modern metal band from Germany and we recorded some demo stuff, nothing too fancy.

Basically paid someone to reamp / mix / master our stuff, not getting a result that satisfies us, really.

You can check out some rough mixes on

myspace.com/descendthesky

Anyone interested in giving this a try? Polish a turd and stuff...

Tracks consist of double tracked guitars (DI), DI-Bass, Vocals, Backing Vocals and Midi Drums - sorry for that, but that's all we could do with zero budget home recording.

Update:

Here are the tracks. Within the file, you have some kind of "storyboard" that tells you some stuff about the song

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2654365/descendthesky_descendthesky.rar

Here's a mix that I did with my shoddy skills (So you have an idea of what the whole song sounds like)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2654365/dts_new_mastered.mp3

Soundwise, you're free to do whatever you feel is right. We don't have any special preference, among our favourite mixes are the latest outputs from August Burns Red, Sylosis or Threat Signal.

You mix it, you put the sound in it!

Best,

~ Klotzi

AudioPhile777 is right, if you dont want to upload everything, just upload the test mix that you speak of and I am sure you will get a few takers.
I enjoy doing reamps myself because it helps me learn but I am not a pro so I cannot charge for my efforts.

Tracks are up - appreciate the enthusiasm and I am looking forward to see what you guys can pull off.

Furthermore, i'd like to get some constructive criticism regarding the tracks themselves. Anything that can be done better etc?

It was my first time recording, the tracks are left "unedited" as much as possible, we tried to play as tight as possible because we didn't want to sound like a Robo-Band.

Best,

~ Klotzi