Anyone up for mixing / reamping / mastering some modern metal?

Wow, pretty overwhelming responses.

At first, I'd like to say "Thanks" to everyone that contributed. We've been pretty busy the last two days due to a show we played, I just came home (3am).

Will listen to all the mixes after I wake up and rest assured, I will comment and critique on everything.

Again, thank you for your effort so far!

~ Klotzi

Hi it's me again lol after work on your music i find your guitar DI sound very very good !! I'd be really interested to know your guitar recording configuration (Guitar type/pickups/DI) and do you deal the guitar DI tracks ? thanks in advance :)

Hey guys,

I sat down today and listened to your mixes. Not in their entirety, but particular parts of the song, especially:

- The "Beginning"
- Bridge before the chorus
- Chorus
- Breakdown
- Interlude
- Solo part at the end

First and foremost, I'd like to say that all mixes are good in their own way, I love to see how the "feeling" of a song can change due to the person mixing it and adding his "mark". Believe me when I say that the amount of criticism / points I have on a mix do not reflect the overall hearing impression, some mixes had some more things stand out, others less, some have more criticism, some less. Don't bash me because basically, I'm just a listener and guitarist in a band, not a high-class engineer.

So, in no particular order, here goes the rant:

CannibalBarnes:
- Nice overall mix
- Guitar sound is really good
- Snare lacks punch
- Too much gain on the Interlude

Widekmusic:
- Too bassy
- Bassdrum "wobbles" too much
- Chorus sounds too hollow
- Toms sound not as good

muckypup1:
- Too much bass
- Don't like the drums, cymbals are not that good
- Chorus is really nice and "warm"

reido_0:
- Vocals have to be louder
- Snare sound -
- Tom sound +
- Bassdrum lacks punch
- Chorus backing is too loud
- Song misses the left / right split between the guitars (Singled Guitar before Breakdown)
- Interlude sounds somewhat lame

Fragle:
- Overall mix lacks punch
- Overheads / Cymbals are too loud
- Too much room for my taste on the drums
- Guitar sound is nice, could use a little more chunk

Shadow_Walker:
- Guitar sound is really nice
- Bridge parts are awesome, Interlude is not
- Tom sound is so so
- Song misses the left / right split between the guitars (Singled Guitar before Breakdown)

dasbrootal:
- Mix lacks overall power
- Guitars sound too mushy
- Too much reverb on the vocals
- FX that you've built in are AWESOME (Bridge, Breakdown)
- Interlude is not.
- Some weird clicking in the mix
- Tom sound is good

sysera:
- Vocals are way too overgained (although they get their own style)
- Mix could use a little less bass
- Chorus is nice and round
- Guitar sound is cool
- Interlude lacks atmosphere
- Solo part misses the "ahhhh"-effect

FearComplexMusic:
- Guitar sound is good, but could use a little more "snarl"
- Bassdrum sounds too mushy
- Chorus sounds too "glued on"
- Overall mix is nice
- Toms need something

NunoFilipe:
- Since I couldn't listen to the whole song I can only say that i don't like the Snare :D

As an overall point, I'd like to say that there wasn't a mix where I really liked the Snare or the Toms. I don't know, but I somehow miss the "airdrum" feeling that I sometimes get when I hear awesome toms (-> Sylosis, "Teras" or Bury Your Dead, "Hurting Not Helping").

I hope that the criticism wasn't too much, if it was, just scold me and throw rocks at me.

Furthermore, this is MY opinion, not the BANDS opinion - the guys will have a listen and will let me know what they like, but I suppose that's going to be a "shootout" which overall mix we like best and won't break it down into parts.

Whoever wants to have a go at this and has not done so far, go for it :)
As for the publishing in your portfolio: If you want to, feel free to do it, but credit our band.

Cheers and Beers,

~ Klotzi

Hey, it's perfectly normal for you to have some requirements and having specific and reasonable requests is always helpful.

I'll be sure to post a revised version, taking the points you've raised into account.

I like this one :headbang:

Nice One!

Thanks a lot dudes:headbang: This could sound better if the drum was humanized.

NunoFilipe:
- Since I couldn't listen to the whole song I can only say that i don't like the Snare :D

I dont like the snare either! ahah I am not the biggest fan of that kind of snare. The way that the snare is it´s not the best but the truth is that those kind of snares fits the kind of music. But I understand your point of view, it´s a matter of taste.;)

I agree with your assessment completely.

Didn't really have the time to dedicate to automating it. I'd probably fix a lot of what you noted as needing more attention with automation. Such as the gain on the vocals, I'd probably automate that effect in and out on certain parts. I'd most likely do the same for the bass levels, solos and the interlude as well.

If you and the band are interested in me revising my mix a little bit, let me know. I'd be happy to spend some more time with it if you find you're really interested.

Fragle:
Link is not working

NunoFilipe:
Tell me what I can do better within the midi drum track and i'm more than happy to adjust.