Anyone up for mixing / reamping / mastering some modern metal?

Yeah, they are quite low and quite noisy as a consequence, but with a multiband gate you can sort of get away with it. Definitely try a higher level, but you were right to want to avoid clipping.

In my opinion i think the noisy-ness isn't too audible when they are in a full mix :) For basic recording knowledge you did a very decent job!

UPDATE TIME

Did a remix here. In my humble opinion it sounds loads better now, lowered the bass quite a bit (i always tend to do my first mixes really really bassheavy, dunno why) tightened the guitar sound slightly, sounds less-muffled, lowered the drum-ambience a bit and re-eqed the toms and snare, they're sounding a bit more focused now (for lack of a better word) vocals are automated and added some effects to make it sound more interesting production-wise. Only thing is that the solo is a tiny bit too low, gonna fix that soon :) Hope you guys like it

Started a mix today and got everything reamped with mesa tr and 6505 but won't be able to get back to it until next Wednesday. I will link it when it's done.
Really tight playing!

Mago!!, Congrats!

The best mix that I have listen in this post. really like it.

I have not so much time, but maybe I try something hehehe

Anyway, very well all works of the people

Cheers to all.

Tris.

Thanks man, your mix sounds nice too :headbang:

I upped the gain on the guitars by 5%, then I applied a low pass, and cranked them into my 6505+ with the gain on about 7. (This is with a Tubescreamer.)

So, yeah, I agree, they were quiet.

hey guys ! i just want to say that every mix i heard on here sounds awesome .eventhough i didn't listen to all of them
. Tris - i only listened to your newest one but it sounds pretty good, as with mango's .

did a quick one ,, , there is A LOT of automation

here it is !! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/627108/DECEND THE SKY APRIL 28TH BRADY MIX.mp3

edit - more bass ,,, sounds loads better now !

Cheers

Brady

PM me for MIXING AND MASTERING/PROGRAMING AND REAMPING SERVICES !!