Anyone up for mixing / reamping / mastering some modern metal?

Here's mine http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/DescentTheSkyMix3_Mago.mp3

I'm pretty satisfied, but my ears are fucked right now, have to listen to it again after some sleep...humanizing those drums took some time:loco:
"Sylosis - Conclusion of an Age" was reference, I also like that album. :headbang:
Some editing would still need to be done (vocals and I think I "overhumanized" the snare), too lazy for the Subdrop. also because I hate them :lol:
Good song, even after hours of hearing it I still like it :headbang:
Why didnt you put some harmonies in the chorus? would have been great I think.

EDIT: Updated and took out some highs from the guitars+raised bass....as usual after mixing too long without a break

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/Descend Skyv7.mp3

notes:
-cymbals are all wrong, MIDI is in S2.0 format, I'm using Slate
-toms are just placeholders pretty much
-clean vocals need proper tuning, just snap-to-nearest atm, sounds shit.
-changed a few drum beats, can change back easily.
-cuts out at interlude/solo because for some reason guitars began bleeding into other tracks (DI solo into rhythm tracks), need to sort that out first. Not sure if this was my fault or bleed in the DI's.

My attempt, no vocals sorry. Listened to them and realized they need a lot of my time. Still have to learn about automation in Sonar.

Descend The Sky.mp3

Guitars reamped with Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp. Not happy with tjhe toms, but I'll leave it for now.

Thanx for uploading these tracks:kickass:

Getting better every time I check this thread.

We (Guitarists) have some favourites already, but we're not finished yet - that doesn't mean that no one can post stuff anymore!

Feel free to post your contribution as well.

Decided to meet on Friday and have a listening session here so we can have a shootout through the same equipment with all mixes and will then come out of the closet with a little more information on our Top5.

I am really amazed at some stuff that was put into tracks and make it a bit "different" from a regular mix, and if I could, I'd built the song out of different parts from different people - Bassdrum from here, Snare from there, this guitar sound, this effect, these vocals - but thats impossible.

Therefore, we're going to narrow it down a little further on Friday.

Keep on rockin guys!

~ Klotzi

Small update. Main changes are proper toms now, and vocals properly tuned. Some minor tweaks.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/Descend Skyv10.mp3

Still:
-cymbals are all wrong, MIDI is in S2.0 format, I'm using Slate
-changed a few drum beats, can change back easily.
-cuts out at interlude/solo because for some reason guitars began bleeding into other tracks (DI solo into rhythm tracks), need to sort that out first. Not sure if this was my fault or bleed in the DI's.
-no automation

edit: omg ride is so loud. meh its not even supposed to be a ride. it doesn't even fit.

The problem is that these DI's are too low. The levels have to be raised by hand in the daw and it adds lot of noise.

That's what i found out too... my guitar sound was very thin, but then I noticed the input level was very low... strange...

The problem is that these DI's are too low. The levels have to be raised by hand in the daw and it adds lot of noise.

Will put that down - I recorded them very low on purpose not to risk any peaks. Like I said, I just have basic recording knowledge, but next time, I'll turn up the input some more.

~ Klotzi