Anyone up for mixing / reamping / mastering some modern metal?

Tracks are up - appreciate the enthusiasm and I am looking forward to see what you can guys pull off.

Furthermore, i'd like to get some constructive criticism regarding the tracks themselves. Anything that can be done better etc?

It was my first time recording, the tracks are left "unedited" as much as possible, we tried to play as tight as possible because we didn't want to sound like a Robo-Band.

Best,

~ Klotzi

Great, thanks for the tracks!

Edit:

If didnt want to end up like a robo band, why did you programm the drums without ANY velocity on the overheads?
Did you import them from GP or something?

Njak Njak, I've edited most of the fills...sorry about the OH's. Will try to fix that as soon as I am home.

@ Zack:

I'm not telling anyone about anything, what you do with your time is your thing ;)

can i ask for what program was the midi drum file made for? (slate,ezdrummer,superior...)

From what I can tell, the midi should work with most of the sequencers.

I can say for sure they run on EZ and SD2.0.

The tracks sounds really goofy when you import everything and forget to make the tempo 190!

All the non midi tracks were normal speed and the drums were 120, and I couldn't help but think it sounded a little off!

This is what I get for being up before noon.

I've downloaded it and had a listen, cool tune dude! I should have a version ready in a few days. Also, tight fucking playing dude!

I had enough time to organize the tracks and work on the tones. I should have a rough version soon. Really cool song :headbang:

just what i need to test my new monitors :heh:

on the side a quick ethics question : say you download this stuff and mix it to your taste, would it be ok (if you had the bands permission) to say that you mixed it and use it in your portfolio? technically you did mix it but the hardest part is getting the sound ITB sounding good at the start, just curious about your views.

edit: I haven't done this by the way :lol:

just what i need to test my new monitors :heh:

on the side a quick ethics question : say you download this stuff and mix it to your taste, would it be ok (if you had the bands permission) to say that you mixed it and use it in your portfolio? technically you did mix it but the hardest part is getting the sound ITB sounding good at the start, just curious about your views.

edit: I haven't done this by the way :lol:

I'm also interested in this :D I wouldn't mind putting a sample from this up on my website, because I don't have many cool samples yet :lol: