Anyone Who Is Looking To Buy An Ibanez Guitar

1,000 Watts

Aug 28, 2006
If you are looking to buy an Ibanez as a cheap solution for a guitar i.e. $300 or less, PLEASE re-consider your options. I bought an Ibanez RG321MH and the neck Pick-Up fell out weeks after I got it... It is not amazing quality... Please re-look all of your options..If you think the Ibanez will suit you best, then go for it.. I'm just putting this out there that I bought an RG321MH and it didn't last very long.

Don't get me wrong, you can still play it with no problem, but the neck pick-up is practically out and the volume switch is loose now. And I don't really play that hard...

I hope this little speal helps you out.

any guitar that is cheap will have the same build and quality issues, why do you think it's so cheap? This applies to jackson, esp(ltd) and pretty much everyone. If you're buying a cheap guitar, then expect it to not be the same quality as a more expensive one.

Still, if the neck is nice, then it's worth upgrading the hardware bit by bit, and definately changing the pickups.

As for fixing it, the volume switch, all you'll need to do is look at the washers, just tighten them up a bit so they're pretty solid.

Pickup wise, raising the pickups on all direct mount pickups is a pain in the ass as there's no strings, simply remove the pickup, put under some folded bussiness cards up to the right height (if you have stripped the thread for the screw in the wood you'll have to fix that as well) and it should no longer feel loose. If it's a pickup ring, then check the springs and wether the pickup is still attached, all fairly s9imple fixers :)

I actually think it is the pick up screw..I think it came too small..haha. And thanks for the advice..I'm going to upgrade my pick ups as soo as I upgrade my amplifier, as it woud not make lots of since to upgrade my pick ups with a 15 watt practice amp..haha. :)

I actually think it is the pick up screw..I think it came too small..haha. And thanks for the advice..I'm going to upgrade my pick ups as soo as I upgrade my amplifier, as it woud not make lots of since to upgrade my pick ups with a 15 watt practice amp..haha. :)

Definately upgrade the pickups, most stock ibanez ones aren't terribly good, and new pickups makes a huge difference, only problem then is, is which ones, as there's loads to try out. I'm on one of those perrenial quests to find the right pickups for a mahogony 7string I have, and nothing that i've tried has nailed the sound i want!

As for the screw, just get a longer one, and either add some springy foam under the pickup or business cards, like i said, should allow the pickups to become height adjustable :)

Good luck man!

Thanks man..And yeah..i've done lots of research on Pick-ups in the past and decided on a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan jazz pick-up in the neck 9For solo's and such)...

I'll probably go to the hardware store sooner or later and get some new screws and what-not....

Thanks again. :)