anyone??

ive met a hell of a lot of cool bands. Most recently, within temptation in france. They are mostly nice blokes, but there are a few complete wankers ive met before. Not gonna name any names though. AHEM Alexi Laiho, Mille Petrozza COUGH

And Herman Li from dragonforce is always after the girls... if you are female, he wont stop talking to you. If you are male, he doesnt wanna know. Unless you are talking about something that really interests him...

ok not gonna just leave it on a negative comment. Some uber-friendly bands ive met:

Opeth of course
Jeff Loomis from Nevemore
Within Temptation
Nightwish
Martin Walkiyer
Jeff Waters
Anthrax
Akercocke (didnt chat for long but wasnt impolite)
Humanity
Karl Sanders
Strapping Young Lad
Spiritual Beggars
Sam Totman from Dragonforce who headbanged & air guitared with us to 'valley of the damned' in a club \m/

the good ones far outweigh the bad ones...

nightwish *are* very nice people.
but i dont worship anyone. i have more "respect" for the average person than i do for someone who gets paid to play an instrument. as an adult, i've learned that musicians just arent that an impressive group of people. no offense intended of course.

dorian gray said:
nightwish *are* very nice people.
but i dont worship anyone. i have more "respect" for the average person than i do for someone who gets paid to play an instrument. as an adult, i've learned that musicians just arent that an impressive group of people. no offense intended of course.
im sure musician's egos and self esteems are hanging in the balance of your approval of them.

when in actuality...people who will often forego a lot of money, and whatnot for a lifestyle in which they can use their talent to make music to please people is among some of the most respectable careers one can have. without the arts...nothing would make a difference...and people would have nothing to inspire them.

and people who feel otherwise....dont impress ME.

jeez. can you go one evening without a caustic retort? i remember the argument we had earlier this year where i said your life is this forum and you went on and on about how you dont give a shit about it. but here you are, day after day, post after post, causing trouble and stirring shit up.

as far as the above argument goes though, i think you have a good point. i respect that (not that you care, of course) and i agree with you to an extent. i was merely saying that, as one of the older members of this forum, i'm not really impressed by artists. there's nothing holier-than-thou in that statement. i've been a health care professional for the past four years and i've seen alot of terrible things. so, someone playing guitar really isn't that much of a big deal to me. and i think it was obvious that i was speaking to one of the more mature members of this forum - chrisemerson - knowing that i wouldn't get some smart ass response. maybe i shouldve just PMd him rather than subject myself to your wrath. i'll think twice next time.

I've been blessed with the misfortune of living in the middle of nowhere (and being 6 years under the legal age of drinking)

woe is me... :cry:

I do often bump into a lot of artists that I admire and would love to chat with, but I think the reason I don't just go "Hey man I love your music, your last show was great", is that I feel like I would be disturbing his day-to-day life. A few times I've had the courage to go have a little chat, and the response has always been friendly, but artists are also human beings and I wouldn't want somebody to disturb me while etc. getting drunk in a bar. I often see this kind of behaviour unappropriate.