Arch Enemy part ways with Angela Gossow, Announce new singer

While mr prophet seems to get carried away at times, i tend to agree with the sentiment about female death growlers. It remind me of death metal cats for the most part. And yeah, there's exceptions like Birth Asphyxia and a few others I can't remember but on a whole it's bad and a gimmick for the band.

I attempt to sound half serious, half funny, half the time. You feel?

cmon, black earth and stigmata are good albums. sure, they havent aged too well, what with amott damaging the band's credibility and the style of music being overdone to death. still, the first three are a nice little time capsule of an innocent era for that type of music.

i never did get into WoS. never liked angela. i did see her live with AE when they co-headlined with nile. took the wife and she thought it was funny.

i dont know that other band or the other chick. AE needs to go away so amott can focus on Spiritual Beggars.

Chris Amott has the better band anyway, in Armageddon

Well here it is the new song with the new vocalist and music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRMwptcgAo#t=45

And god does it suck. A bunch of uninspired riffing with some unadventurous metal typical soloing here and there. The melodies are pretty unimaginative as well not to mention her croaky pseudo death growl being as terrible as it is. I'll admit to liking some of the band's older stuff but this just fucking sucks. What a shame.

thomas-gibson-cracking-up-o.gif

I'm even more disappointed by that godawful trash. My girlfriend and some other people watched that last night, and one of my friends who doesn't like hardly any death metal was like "yeah it's pretty groovy and the solos are pretty cool" and I ranted about how generic and watered-down it was and his only reply was "but she's hot"

Her prior band, if I got the chick right, actually has a few pretty cool songs.

And I do think she's hotter than Angela. Since AE's fame seems entirely dependent on how hot their vocalist is, this was a great move for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I totally get it, she's a marketable vocalist who performs with untalented, pretentious, and uninspired mainstream/radio metal bands. Nuff said

Yeah I totally get it, she's a marketable vocalist who performs with untalented, pretentious, and uninspired mainstream/radio metal bands. Nuff said

Congratulations, you dislike Arch Enemy. We get it, but do you seriously have to spout it every time you post in this thread, Jesus Christ. I respect your opinion. But it's just starting to get annoying, because other than bashing them, you've said nothing of use to this thread.

I like it, but I do not listen to Arch Enemy all that much. Once in awile. She's hot.