ARCH ENEMY's MIKE AMOTT: 'Heavy Metal Fans Are Such Bitches'

\m/

I Die Slowly
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

ARCH ENEMY's MIKE AMOTT: 'Heavy Metal Fans Are Such Bitches'
ARCH ENEMY founder/guitarist Mike Amott recently told Canada's Chart Attack that some fans take their favorite bands so seriously, they end up becoming a bigger pain in the ass than self-important journalists and their mocking questions.
"Heavy metal fans are such bitches," he half-joked. "I hate our fans sometimes! They're so adamant about what they like and hate, they're the first people to nail us to the wall. Then they're the first ones to chant along to a song like 'We Will Rise' or say how much they adore us. What the hell kind of double-standard is that?"
Amott grumbled about how the group's latest album, "Anthems Of Rebellion", has garnered some pretty serious critical praise, while the stringy-haired bangers in the front row gripe about the band having "sold out."
"How the hell can we be 'selling out' when we're playing this sort of extreme music? Just because we put a bit of melody or dynamic here and there, people jump all over us, saying we're selling out. At the same time, they keep saying how much they love the album. Make up your minds!"

ARCH ENEMY are in the middle of a U.S. tour with SLAYER and HATEBREED. A U.K. headlining trek will follow in late December.

I guess the Century Media darlings are dying for some attention, so they make comments like this.

What a whiner.

He does make a strong point- we are whining bitches, if we werent there would be nothing to talk about on this website.

However, his new album blows, and I really dont know how he can honestly say he is flying the underground metal flag.

Probably just whining because it hurts his rock star ego to tour with Slayer and have thousands of Slayer fans yelling "SLA-YER! SLA-YER!" all through their not-too-appreciated set.

The new album is definitely not the Arch Enemy of the past. The new album sucks and we all know it, he should just face it. However, I do see where he's coming from. Some people will follow a band nonstop if they are the band that makes the most impact on them. They'l buy the tickets, the merch, the cds, and they'll be down in the pits at the gigs, but as soon as they hear Angela scream a different way or hear Mike play a wrong note, they'll moan & bitch for hours about it. It happens all the time... so i see where he's coming from. I'm takin the neutral side here so don't flame me for saying this. Yes AE's new cd sucks dong, but Mike does have a point.

let's see if i understand mike correctly. he decided to fire his old lead singer to replace him with his girlfriend because he thinks that will get him regular pussy and make his band more popular. at the same time he starts to change the sound of his band, moving away from death metal and towards...i don't know how you would describe the new stuff...power metal? eh, he deserves any slack he gets, they've been releasing garbage lately.

Angrafan said:
Too Stupid??

I totally agree with him.
i agree as well. metalheads ARE extremly picky and arrogant in a sense. they always want old. but it cant sound too much like the old. i mean, lets face it. when putting out a new album its always gonna have its criticism. if its just like youre past cd, youre boring and untalented. if its different, youve sold out. you cant please everyone, you just have to have tough skin and not let it bug you. and i really dont think ammott ment to be mean or anything, but he IS speaking the truth here
~gR~

of course Mikey has a point, but it doesn't change the fact that he can't write music for shit and his wife wants Arch Enemy to be commericial so she can live off of it.

god, who gives a fuck about arch enemy anyway?