Archetype ???

TheReaper

Cursed by medusa
Oct 14, 2001
in front of a PC
I just downloaded "Archetype" from the Enter suicidal angels MCD, and i was wandering how should sound that song because that freakin' thing that i just got sound like a remix, with techno sounds. electric drum kicks, and weird stuff ....

so that's the real song or what!??? :confused:

Well hey I will have to answer you on this one as no one ever answers when you actually have a question about a song of the band's

pretty crazy though, yeah its how its supposed to sound, some attempt at mixing the two styles and its final result is ArcheType. Like it? It usually recieves a lot of flak about people who really hate it, but when you turn it up loud enough it sounds good
:lol:

personally I think it was a good attempt to create something differenet, I hope we see a little more of it :D

PS shame on all who dont answer a simple mans question on lyrical and/or musical questions

well....i can understand why you freaked out....but it's true.The archetype song is just a bunch of techno sounds...It is actually guitars and voices by various Dt songs remixed by some DJ....

interesting experience actaully ;)

This was talked about in the old DT forum.
Anyways... according to the Japanese The Mind's I booklet...

"Original guitars and voices sampled from various DARK TRANQUILLITY-tracks Remixed and edited by DJ L-KMAN"

well we all know how I dislike archetype and how there are some ppl here with bad taste that do like the song (or at least hear it regularly :loco: )

I'm not against techno music (ok, I can't lie to you, I'm against techno music) but I think that this DJ L-Kma could have done better....there are better ways to mix a sounds and make them sound techno....but well at least is so strange that everybody thinks it's an error on the cd :) (I still dream it's an error each of my nights :D )

thanks guys for answering my question... ;)

personally I think it was a good attempt to create something differenet, I hope we see a little more of it

....there are better ways to mix a sounds and make them sound techno....

:bah: i also think that was a good attempt but i'm relieved that Haven turn out wonderful and not like that,... and NO i don't wanna hear anything like archetype in the new album

I highly doubt DT will put something that awkward (like Archetype) on their next album. Then again, their music is very unpredictable. :p

well i don't think there will be any Archetype-ish track in the future...i think it was more some kind of experiment....

and oh,yes I was sure that FatherVic would say sth nasty like that ;)
but he doesn't know how it feels to dance at such trendy sounds :p :p :p

I know , that Mikael , when he was a teen, likes techno and electronic music or something(maybe he's loving that now)... i think , it can't be unbound!

DefeatScythe

yeah archetype was a bonus track, just a remix of their songs. So no, im damn near positive DT isnt going to dj a remix of more of their songs with techno beats.....but as someone said, who really can predict DT?

Actually, if my bad memory serves me right, Niklas said on some interview that IF there were to be anything like Archetype on future albums, it would be done by the band themselves.

And Fredrik Johansson, back in when he was still in the band, said that the song itself meant that people shouldn't be so arhetypical in their approach to music, or life in general.

-Villain (the archetypical Archetype-hater)

and oh,yes I was sure that FatherVic would say sth nasty like that
but he doesn't know how it feels to dance at such trendy sounds

well you won't ever see me dance!!!!!!!!
and if it's about to me, I won't ever dance "such trendy sounds"
at least I keep some functioning braincells which wouldn't let me do that!!!!! for my untalented dancing sake!!!! :rolleyes:
fathervic (who thinks that at least there is one thing that he wouldn't do if he wasn't drunk, but hey I just don't drink alcohol, I can do the rest of things quite well though)

and yes, conga is dancing!!!

According to an interview in a swedish magazine the song was made by Fredrik Johansson and Fredrik Nordström one night in the studio with the help of some whiskey.

fatherVic@ there was some :p :p smilies in my post and that changes its meaning,so next time quote my post as it is :mad:

~Mel~(who isn't really mad but felt the need to defend herself against all these people who try to label her as raver :p)