Dear diary: DT sucked ass

Judith: We live together, we haven't just spent a little time together.

Zack, Bloodred, Marek: Thanks, really. Zack has a point, and yes, i think i'll give up posting anything personal on this increasingly-hostile forum.

Rahvin: Uhh, it has nothing to do with rpging or anything. It's just something we both thought would be nice. Don't come to the wedding if you think it'll be too cheesy. ;)

6SF: Thanks, but i don't drink. Both beers go to her, i guess. ;) Seriously, though, i barely have enough money anymore (due to not-to-be-posted personal reasons), so a diamond ring is out of the question (at least for the next couple of years). Besides, i think she likes silver more than diamonds. *looks at Rincewind, who is nodding* Yep, silver it is. :D

Gav: 1) We're not doing anything "because we have to make sacrifices for the mystical nimbwhateverthefuckyoukeptgoingonabout", but because it means something to us and we happen to love each other that much. 2) Lions and monkeys don't feel the joy of having someone they can always count on and wanting to make that someone happy and so on. They do not have similar relationships to us; they just reproduce once a year and take care of their offspring for a while.

Siren: Thanks on behalf of both of us. :) And does it really matter who proposed to whom? ;)

Why don't you take an example from a monkey and go... do something? Not expert on monkeys as you are, you see, but, sure enough, you know everything about monkey business. Oh yeah. You do.

UndoControl said:
Gav: 1) We're not doing anything "because we have to make sacrifices for the mystical nimbwhateverthefuckyoukeptgoingonabout", but because it means something to us and we happen to love each other that much. 2) Lions and monkeys don't feel the joy of having someone they can always count on and wanting to make that someone happy and so on. They do not have similar relationships to us; they just reproduce once a year and take care of their offspring for a while.
1 a) The "nimbwhateverthefuckyoukeptgoingonabout" is love... (it seems you had some difficulty comprehending what I said in my rant... despite it being pretty clearly presented)
1 b) see 1 a) to realise you just reitterated my entire point by saying "love each other that much".

2) Lions and monkeys do have very similar relationships to us (monkeys exactly the same (minus the complications brought through the fact we can talk shit and they can't) ). Studies have been done on monkeys (and similarly with lions) on their relationships... and they do choose specific partners from the pack, show jeallousy and protectiveness and when their bond goes beyond reproduction, they begin fertilisation face to face (instead of from behind).

UndoControl said:
Siren: Thanks on behalf of both of us. :) And does it really matter who proposed to whom? ;)
You're welcome. :)
And no, i guess it doesn't really matter, but given the playful images you produced on this board (ie rince being the bossy one), i think that rince proposing would be more appropriate and funny. :D

King Chaos said:
I'm sorry, I don't want to bring up the whole "Lets get married" debockle again, so I'll try and avoid it in this hopefully brief rant. Love isn't real. Love is a word used to ensnare children who watch too many fairytales and idiots who watch too much MTV. You grow up thinking one day you'll have to make sacrifices and pay homage to the mystical nimbus that is "love"... when all love is is your dependency on/lust for another person, idealised romantically so you think you're now part of some Romeo and juliet/The OC bread cult. don't get me wrong, I have no qualm about people being in love, if they've got to know each other and they are happy and it makes people happy to be told someone loves them etc... But thinking you have to make all kinds of sacrifices and take on extreme tasks just because the modern 'love' nimbus hangs over you is totally absurd. Because the rant comes full circle here, love actually doesn't exist. We are animals. And like all animals we have instincts. Monkeys don't fall in love. Lions don't fall in love. Yet they have very similar relationships to us. They reproduce. The difference being they don't understand all those soppy corrupting disney movies their kind has frequently been featured in.

That doesn't make it any less true that whatever love is (or is not, in this case), it makes people happy in every, or most, aspects of their lives. And that's a reason enough for two people to get married. So what if love is just a bunch of matters and energy running through your head? It's still worth the trouble of getting it for yourself. It's like denying the spirituality doesn't make you any less alive.

6 Stringed Fingers said:
That doesn't make it any less true that whatever love is (or is not, in this case), it makes people happy in every, or most, aspects of their lives. And that's a reason enough for two people to get married. So what if love is just a bunch of matters and energy running through your head? It's still worth the trouble of getting it for yourself. It's like denying the spirituality doesn't make you any less alive.

^ True true :headbang: .

Cool avatar 6string hehe :) .

UndoControl said:
Judith: We live together, we haven't just spent a little time together.

you have been together for 2 months, thats not that much. I dont think it is enough to get to know someone really well. You cant know every aspect of someone after such a short amount of time. I dont mean you dont know each other at all, but there are sometimes some more difficult periods in life where people can react totally different than they normally do.
I am jsut saying this, because i have known some people that got married after a really short time of being together and then divorced after a year of marriage... I dont say either it will be the case with you, but I think such a decision has to be taken after more time than only 2 months of being together. I dont think you will actually lose anything if you wait a little more.

You said that you dont plan to get divorced... but no one ever plan this (well except maybe for white marriages)... but you never know what may happen. I just have an example in my family now.

Now I will stop wasting my breathe on this subject. Everything has been said.

marduk1507 said:
Because they shared it, and people cant help reacting to it. You did, too, in your own way.

Haha, and that question was directed at myself, too :)

Those attention whores...

Dark_Silence said:
you have been together for 2 months, thats not that much. I dont think it is enough to get to know someone really well. You cant know every aspect of someone after such a short amount of time. I dont mean you dont know each other at all, but there are sometimes some more difficult periods in life where people can react totally different than they normally do.
I am jsut saying this, because i have known some people that got married after a really short time of being together and then divorced after a year of marriage... I dont say either it will be the case with you, but I think such a decision has to be taken after more time than only 2 months of being together. I dont think you will actually lose anything if you wait a little more.

You said that you dont plan to get divorced... but no one ever plan this (well except maybe for white marriages)... but you never know what may happen. I just have an example in my family now.

Now I will stop wasting my breathe on this subject. Everything has been said.

I must object, and I know this is the wrong thread, but that actually upset me a bit.

Of course what you say, about not knowing each other and therefore less a chance to be together forever, is completely wright in a scientific meaning and a social world based on statistics.
But fuck! You live onceand what is living, but love? And what is living, but taking chanses. Everything is about having the time of your life and if you meat somebody you think you can create that time with there is no reason not to, for life is about being there when oportunity knox. If it does not work out? If you never weep you do not know what laughing is and if you never cry you do not know what happyness is. You live for yourself and nobody else. Seize the moment!!!

ps I'm sorry Rahvin, but i had to say it

Tritonus said:
what is living, but love?
It's a lot more things other than love.
For one, i highly doubt i'm dead only because there's no love in my life.

Tritonus said:
Everything is about having the time of your life and if you meat somebody you think you can create that time with there is no reason not to, for life is about being there when oportunity knox. If it does not work out? If you never weep you do not know what laughing is and if you never cry you do not know what happyness is. You live for yourself and nobody else. Seize the moment!!!
Even though Ive never been the kind to go around screaming "Party, girls, yay, yay!", I get the concept. The question is, how is getting married in any way related to loving, living and taking chances?
Taking chances is what you did when you're with someone. You dont get a GF just by sitting on your ass. But if you need to take risks, I suggest you do skydiving or something. Although Extreme Marrying sounds good as an extreme sport already.

We didn't say we'd marry NOW, but ok.

Tritonus, Marek, 6SF: Hvala. :)

--

The day after DT played on Evolution, Mikael mentioned that the reason DT never invites female singers to concerts is that it's not worth it for just one or two songs but that they did invite a female singer once many years ago. Does anyone happen to have that bootleg, by any chance? I'd trade several bootlegs just for that one.