Montreal 2006

rvngu

New Metal Member
Feb 23, 2006
Dark Tranquillity just finished their headline in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was awesome! Mikael was in top shape and was really into the songs. I really like how he moves on stage. He also dived in the crowd a couple of times. Also funny was when girls from the audience got on stage....He really seemed to like that hehe.
He kept saying how the audience was really loud and how he's having a wonderful experience on stage....strange but around where i was standing, people were kind of dull, just standing there....but the front was really into it.

Another funny bit was during the soundcheck. The technician was testing the microphone and at one point he started singing : O Canada.....which is the national anthem. Everyone started to boo and giving fingers....aaah Quebec!!! :p

The setlist was something like this (can't remember the exact order):
Wonders at your feet
Lost to Apathy
Treason Wall
Through smugled lens
Damage Done
the New build
white noise, black silence
Haven
Monochromatic Stains
Indifferent suns
Therein
Zodijackyl light
the endless feed
Lethe
punish my heaven
my negation
final resistance

Hope all of you can see them live!!

sounds like a sick show. i think we've had an after report for almost every north american show so far.

there we go with final resistance as the closer again.

That was an AMAZING show!!

And yup, the singer had quite a lot of presence on the stage, thats the least we can say! Actually, all the members (exception maybe of the keyboardist, from what I say) did have a lot of presence and well, charisma :)

It was very nice to hear Mikael say how he just loved the crowd. See, here, in Montreal, when we finally get to see a band (okay, they were here last year, but I couldnt be there), we show them how we love it!

I dunno where you were in the place, rvngu, but I was on the front row, and let me tell you we were quite sur-excited! At least, since it was the front row, I, happily, didnt get smashed by too much people ;)

Having Mikael and Niklas 2 cm far from me (the place where they did the show didnt have metal barriers) was almost too much !

One thing is sure : next time they come back in the Usa/Canada, we can be sure they wont forget us!

I was sure glad to be there yesterday, that concert was amazing. I agree with Lune for everything, i've rarely seen a singer who looked like he was having such a blast. Extremely charismatic.

Rvngu, i think you've got the setlist right..

I was happy to find that they are really good live, the sound was good.. the venue was great (i dunno why but i'm always a little worried when seeing a metal concert at the club soda, there are other venues that seem better.. but in this case it was perfect).

Lune, i was right behind the front a little to the left.. i noticed a bunch of girls center-front you were prolly in there.

Hope they come back soon..

I was there, and I was also, I think one of the few, if not the only one who was also at the Québec show. Both venues were amazing but Montréal was just something wonderful. The best crowd I've ever seen. Myself I was first row, breaking my hips on the stage's end, right in the center. Maybe I've seen you but didn't knew it was you Lune? I was the beardy guy who sung along 90% of the time, right beside the photographer. After the show, I had a chat with Mikael and he said that the Montréal crowd was one of the most impressive thing he's ever seen. They loved us and we loved them!

edit : I'm gonna put on some more news and a funny scan soon, but I have to leave the forum for now, homework calls....See you guys tomorrow or tonight!

It was so great to see DT again on stage!

I was at the Quebec city show, and it was something special... but in Mtl it was different. I am glad to have seen both shows!

I met Niklas, Mikael and Anders, they are so kind!!!

I will never forget this show!

Hope to see you soon back here in Mtl!

:headbang:

What a great show,finally Dt headline in mtl. finally saw Lethe,Zodijackyl light(what a great moment of silence when they stop play at the half!)and Therein
all other song perfectly played and a big big cheers to dt and the crowd in mtl thats how we can see our band here by showing us that we love their stuff. I took a lot of pic like 125 but i cant get a good quality. try a lot of setting but nothing work(if someone have any clue about it i have a canon s1is) .My favorite moment just before the show start i give Niklas my trail of life decayed Lp to make it autograph by the guys and to not be stuck with in the show,right after the show he gave me back my lp with the 4 original members autograph! Big thanx again to Niklas for it.

i want to put some pic here but dunno how so pls someone let me know if possible!:headbang:

This is the best show I ever seen in my life! I was in the front all the show and people were not just standing there!!

A lot of people took photographs so I want it! I want to see me! rvngu, Lune, Nightquest and RampageSword, I'm sure that all of you saw me, I was the first guy who get up on stage! It surprised me a lot when I was on the top of crowd, seeing Mikael giving me his hand to get on the stage and jump again in crowd!

right after me, Mikael jumped in there too, oh yeah, the best show!

Elvac19 said:
This is the best show I ever seen in my life! I was in the front all the show and people were not just standing there!!

I think you actually talked with one of my friends who was just behind me before...(that is if you have not so longish hair and remember being just behind the guys with the country flag (i was with them, just on the right)

A lot of people took photographs so I want it! I want to see me! rvngu, Lune, Nightquest and RampageSword, I'm sure that all of you saw me, I was the first guy who get up on stage! It surprised me a lot when I was on the top of crowd, seeing Mikael giving me his hand to get on the stage and jump again in crowd!

As said, im pretty sure who you are ;)
He seemed indeed very happy (as happy as someone can be for that) to have people get on stage. That attitude was very nice!

RampageSword : I think I saw you too, a guy with a shirt that has evil mart on it :p
Waiting for the show, I was the first girl to wait outdoor with a bunch of friends, if that can help you.
And for DT, i was front row, but just a little more on the right since we got tossed out a bit!

Why do ppl that are getting on stage are always the one that look that they don't know what the f**k they're doing. :rolleyes:

Not directed to you, Elvac19. But it's just annoying sometimes (most of the time)...

That's four new users who only registered to say how fucking amazing the show at Montreal was. Fuck, people, what is this forum getting to? Just yesterday i was reading a very nice thread Misanthrope made a while ago asking people not to do this (and i fullfledgedly agree with him on that).

Hey, I dunno for the other, but I DO intend to stay, you know.
And the show at montreal was fucking amazing :p

I know. I wasn't talking to you. And you didn't register just to post here. You had at least four posts before you started posting here. :)

But hark:

Name: rvngu
Registration date: feb 2006

Name: Nightquest

Name: Kathleen23

Name: Elvac19
In fact, they might all just be friends from school who went to that gig together, had a good time and felt the need to inform us long-time DT fans about how good DT sound live.

UndoControl said:
I know. I wasn't talking to you. And you didn't register just to post here. You had at least four posts before you started posting here. :)

But hark:

Name: rvngu

Name: Nightquest

Name: Kathleen23

Name: Elvac19
In fact, they might all just be friends from school who went to that gig together, had a good time and felt the need to inform us long-time DT fans about how good DT sound live.

I don't know these users...
And what said that I only registered to say that the show was amazing ? I am a big fan of DT and I was not registered yet... so I don't know what is the problem at that point....

I hope my stay in the forum will be great, to share with other DT fans is priceless....

Thank you! :D

In fact, they might all just be friends from school who went to that gig together, had a good time and felt the need to inform us long-time DT fans about how good DT sound live.[/QUOTE]

For sure your right that most people here know how good DT sound live but i think its not only about the band this show was really special !

Anyway im not in good place to talk i start post sometimes here at my 2 first DT show last year:headbang:

I don't understand the buzz about " I start to post at this time so it is good" or " it is bad"...

?!?!?!?!?!?

I started to post, point! :)

I agree with you Exposure, the show was something special not only because of the good sound or something like that... All the atmosphere... the energy we shared as a crowd and with the band... Anyway... I'm juste new here so I guess my opinion doesn't count ;)

Hihihihihi!