archive

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
do you remember the old thread about this band?

well, today i bought their last album, "you all look the same to me", and at a firts 'sight' seems to be a very greeeeeat release.
in the music shop it was under the label trip\hop\ambient... mmmh, do you think it's right?

bye

Originally posted by opethpainter
do you remember the old thread about this band?

well, today i bought their last album, "you all look the same to me", and at a firts 'sight' seems to be a very greeeeeat release.
in the music shop it was under the label trip\hop\ambient... mmmh, do you think it's right?

bye

Nice album , indeed - I got it for several months now , and it's very cool to listen to.
I believe they are definitely trip hop , yeah...well of course it's a vast word ,but i think it's the genre that fits them the best....Or i would say "electronic rock" ,but again , everyone's his own vision of those genre...

Hmm about comparing them to other bands...i would say it's a subte melt beetween 'godspeed you black emperor' & 'Mogwai'...added with 'death in vegas' electro sound-like...

Their previous disc was great too , can 't remember the name of it right now.

Anyway , they definitely rules -

yeah, i saw also [what i think to be] their previous cd yesterday, but i was searching for the last one. actually i hadn't ever heard a note, but my father wanted me to buy that cd the first time i would come in milan for university. well, if you tell me the previous is great, i'll think about buying it too.

yes, "again" has this country\western intro which is amazing to me... and the rest of the song [a 16 minutes tune...] is great too

As for me, it's a bit uneven. Goodbye and Hate could have been left out easily. Meon is good but would be even better without the dreadful chorus.

On the other hand, Again and Numb are simply brilliant and there are more great moments throughout the album. All in all, I would say it's worth the money.

As for the label, I guess it's not too wide of the mark. If they really wanted to do the justice to the band they would have to sell their cds under a number of labels :)