Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors

svenske kocken

oompa loompa doopity doo
May 9, 2001
Åhus - Skåne - Sweden
www.geocities.com
Got The Sham Mirrors this friday. It´s marvelous, wonderful, amazing - it´s the album of the year. And Garm is easily the world´s best vocalist right now. His singing on tracks like Kinetic, Nightmare Heaven, Collapse Generation and Star-crossed is simply outstanding. Out april 8. Go get it!

Ooh, can't wait! Still a few weeks to go, darn. BTW I just bought Aspera Hiems Simphonia and I was lucky to find the digipak version, since the bonustrack is marvellous.

what is it like? does it sound like masquerade infernale or aspera hyems? because I like aspera but I love la masquerade.

Well, it´s a bit like La Masquerade Infernale, but not that crazy. The music is a little bit "easier", sometimes it reminds me of Kovenant, but much, much better. The best thing with The Sham Mirrors is Garms vocals. His vocals is amazing on this record, the best I´ve heard in ages. His singing is quite different from La Masquerade Infernale, not that theatralic and more melodic.
5 out of 5 points!

Originally posted by theithith

What's the bonus track?

Yeah, what is the 'bonus track'? I have the digi-pack, but I can't find any bonus track. I tried tracking backwards from the first track, as I did for La Masquerade Infernal to find its secret song, but nothing there. I see 8 tracks on the digi-pack version of Aspera Hiems Symfonia, are you refering to one of them?

Are there any websites where i can get info on this garm dude...