Are Metallica Set To Take Over...Again?

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
Have ALWAYS SUCKED?!?!

Holy crap! I not asking pop fans whether they thought Metallica sucked or not! I'm asking Metal fans! And Metal fans, even if they hate the new stuff with a passion, at least have respect for the old stuff...from KILL 'EM ALL to ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

If Metallica released an old school thrash cd my God. The mainstream would be like what the fuck. Where is I Disappear. If the new cd is old school trash then I think they might get back a few true metal fans instead of the dickhead mainstreamers they have right now.

Well, as much as old school thrashers may want this to happen, this won't.

Sellout?
For a sell out you need nice 3 min. songs and now listen to Outlaw torn 9:53 min.
and they said that they doesn´t want to do this Blues stuff any longer. And if they were on a sell out they recorded "The Black Album Pt. 2"
I don´t really like Load and reload, in my opinion it were better if they did this stuff in a side project, but WHO CARES? I still listen to Kill ´em all, Ride The Lightning, master Of Puppets, ...and Justice for all and The Black Album (I like it) and this is the best Music I´ve ever heard.
I´m still a Fan and I will always be.

Why sell out?
they did something nobody else did before, and the People liked it, MTV liked it.
And I doesn´t really want AJFA Pt.2, AJFA was to strenuous, you know what I mean?
Hey manowar are Playing the same bunch of shit since 20 years, why? cos they are afraid that if they do somthing different the fans doesn´t like it.
And if Metallica are on a "sell out" why did they write such personally lyrics?

edit:
Oh I forgot something. Even back in the 80s there were some Idiots who say that Metallica are on a "sell out" because they signed a Majer label Deal

Ok, a couple things. The lyrics on the black album are hardly personal, and they are very lame. The lyrics were excellent on MoP and AJFA. They also toned down the technicality of the music so the masses would find it more accessible, shortened the songs to get more radio airplay, hired a big-named producer to make the record sell more and let hime influence their songwriting, etc, etc. AJFA is a masterpiece; the only problem it had was mixing the bass too low. I was extremely disappointed when I first heard Enter Sandman; I had waited 3 years expecting another masterpiece. I didn't expect AJFA 2, the same as I didn't expect AJFA to be MOP 2. I hoped the remainder of the album would live up to its predecessors, because the debut single was pathetic. I was wrong; there's only a couple of decent tracks and no great ones. Is it considered selling out to change your sound to appeal to more people in the hopes of making more money? Yes. I don't expect bands to remain the same, but I won't stand by and accept it when they dumb down their music to appeal to morons.

Originally posted by Smekermann

I hope you're fucking joking. I REALLY hope this is some misguided attempt at humor.

Joking about there being a Ja Rule and Metallica song? Or joking about parts of it being good?

Well... they did a song with Ja Rule yes... and it sucks... but the bit with James singing sounds ok... like I said, slow but heavy...

And, if the new album is like this song, but without the hyperactive wah pedaling and Ja Rule... I think the album will be good...

But still, all the simple minded fucks out there will obviously bitch about it not being another Master of Puppets and will cry and send hatemail to Metallica.com and talk about selling out and blah blah... I am sick of hearing this shit...

Now here is something tricky, if Metallica give in and write another thrash album, they would be selling out by doing what the fans want... SO WHAT THE FUCK CAN THEY DO? Damn I feel sorry for them sometimes...

is that avatar your picture? If so, are you trying to look cool or something? Are you wearing makeup?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Metallica can do whatever the hell they want. I don't consider Load and Reload sellout albums; they're just crap. The Black album was the sellout album; after that they just decided to screw around for 10 years and live off their fame. And what few fans they have left probably don't want another thrash album, since they obviously don't like thrash if they listen to the new Metallica shit.

I don't feel sorry for them at all; I feel sorry for Newsted. He actually was a talented bass player before he joined Metallica, now he does crap like Echobrain.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
is that avatar your picture? If so, are you trying to look cool or something? Are you wearing makeup?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Metallica can do whatever the hell they want. I don't consider Load and Reload sellout albums; they're just crap. The Black album was the sellout album; after that they just decided to screw around for 10 years and live off their fame. And what few fans they have left probably don't want another thrash album, since they obviously don't like thrash if they listen to the new Metallica shit.

I don't feel sorry for them at all; I feel sorry for Newsted. He actually was a talented bass player before he joined Metallica, now he does crap like Echobrain.

That is me in my picture. I don't really think I look cool, I just put that picture in there to show who I am, which is why the avatars were put in place on message boards. Why do you ask anyway, do you think I look cool? Or was it just an attempt to lower my self esteem? As for wearing makeup, no I am not. I guess I just have smooth and pale skin.

Also, while I am quoting you, I might as well answer the other stuff you said.

I listen to the new Metallica 'shit', and I also like thrash, so your theory is flawed.

And Jason Newsted is damn cool I agree. Metallica didn't turn him soft, he has always liked all types of music. Echobrain was his choice, just like he chose to produce Speedealers album, which is speed metal, and help out Voivod. He is still metal. He wanted Metallica to play metal again. Apparently he left because of his neck, and also because they wouldn't let him co-write songs, which he could have made more metal.

Anyway... please PM me and explain why you added that thing in about my avatar... I am curious because it made me laugh and I guess you didn't want me to do that...

:rolleyes:

Not at all, I just find it funny that's all. And the PM suggestion was to keep the topic on topic so to speak... rather than letting it wander off into a conversation about my lips... which have not got lipstick on them I might add...

Now stop talking about me... o_O

"Dead Kennedy Rolls" is just a taste of what's to come...

And it's looking good... :headbang: