Are Metallica Set To Take Over...Again?

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
Ok... James voice sounded pretty weak on that, but he was always weak live... and the riffage... well... that bit after "watch your language motherfuck" just sounded like pure numetal groove.... I can handle Metallica doing blues stuff, I liked Load and Reload, but NUMETAL??? Hopefully my ears deceiveth me...

But it was heavy...

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Ok, a couple things. The lyrics on the black album are hardly personal, and they are very lame. The lyrics were excellent on MoP and AJFA. They also toned down the technicality of the music so the masses would find it more accessible, shortened the songs to get more radio airplay, hired a big-named producer to make the record sell more and let hime influence their songwriting, etc, etc. AJFA is a masterpiece; the only problem it had was mixing the bass too low. I was extremely disappointed when I first heard Enter Sandman; I had waited 3 years expecting another masterpiece. I didn't expect AJFA 2, the same as I didn't expect AJFA to be MOP 2. I hoped the remainder of the album would live up to its predecessors, because the debut single was pathetic. I was wrong; there's only a couple of decent tracks and no great ones. Is it considered selling out to change your sound to appeal to more people in the hopes of making more money? Yes. I don't expect bands to remain the same, but I won't stand by and accept it when they dumb down their music to appeal to morons.

oh, somthing I wanted to say but there was your "Lips disscusion":D
Hm ok on the Blck Album they weren´t on the techical high niveau they were on AJFA, BUT what if they didn´t want to write those techicaly fucked up songs? What if James said "well it was good to do that but i don´t really want to do that again"?

Originally posted by Eye Of The Observer
Hm, in my opinion DKR is to simple, ok i only know the 40 sec. from the Relunch party Video but...very simple.
hm, I have to wait for the new album and then I´ll see, but i´m optimistic

I'm optimistic as well.

There is a Nu Metal part during the "Drown my enemy (?)" lyric where the guitars are just ugly sounding, but I'm expecting a little bit of that. As long as they put the Nu Metal youngsters to shame.

I'm gonna listen to them for the rest of my life. Their music is in my blood...

:headbang:

You have a great taste in music KPR. I see you are registered at the Blind Guardian and Metallica forums under the same name. Both of those bands kick ass. I an also registered at both of those boards but not under this name.

Originally posted by IcedEarth556
You have a great taste in music KPR. I see you are registered at the Blind Guardian and Metallica forums under the same name. Both of those bands kick ass. I an also registered at both of those boards but not under this name.

Metallica and Blind Guardian rule! I also post in the Iced Guardian Frozen Messages as The Iced Guardian. But some people think I'm irritating!:D

if they put a good album out, sweet
if they don't, fuck 'em

i'm a long time Metallica fan, but i don't think they'll ever go back to the way they used to play. if they do, in fact, more power to 'em though

You're giving Metallica an ultimatum?

Well, you're not the first...

i like some of the newer stuff, but i wouldn't necessarily call it metal. and the thing about metallica that makes me sick about them is that they have betrayed their roots, but not in the sense everyone is thinking who is currently reading this. see, the way i see it is that when they spearheaded (i other words, one of the leaders) the attack against napster, they pretty much betrayed their roots. how is this, simple, and no, i wasn't their when they began their illustrious (?????) careers, i was a mere 6 years old when they started out, i believe, and living in miami, fl. see, they started out by trading tapes to others, in which that course of action has allowed them to reach hundreds of metalheads in one side of a city they used to live in. nowadays, the same concept is there, only significant difference is that instead of trading a peice of plastic with metallic tape in it, they are using information, and instead of reaching hundreds in a side of a city, they reach millions world wide (not that they need it, but looking at this situation logically and neutrally).

MIAMI METAL

miamimetalmaster@excite.com

You've made a great point, Miami.

And mabye they weren't doing it for the cause of helping other artists, but I do believe they did it because Napster took the "I Disappear" song without their permission, that's the most important element. They gave their consent to tape trading, and even bootlegging. And I know that if Napster asked for the song, they might have been a little better about it.

Originally posted by Jim Fear
they're not THAT great, half their shit was written by Mustaine anyway

"The Four Horsemen"
"Jump In The Fire"
"Phantom Lord"
"Metal Militia"
"Ride The Lightning"
"The Call Of Ktulu"

Now I know they have more than 12 songs in their catalog...

He claimed Metallica ripped off a lot of his stuff, but he was in a drug haze for a while...and we all know there's a bit of jealousy with those two bands...