Are Metallica Set To Take Over...Again?

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
The only member of Metallica that I have a distaste for is Lars. First off he's not a great drummer - not even trained in percussion, as I understand (trained in Tennis, though - the pansy!)

The heart and soul of Metallica really was Cliff Burton and James Hetfield - they were like the Robert Plant and Jimi Page of metal (as far as their chemistry.) Now that Cliff is gone, Metallica is James' band, and this was made clear when Jason left due to that authoritarian leadership.

That's what good music is about sometimes - authoritarian dictatorship.

Miles Davis was notorious for being an uncompromising Nazi - thank God! Some people have a vision, and I think Hetfield always had the vision. Cliff may have had the genius, but the vision belonged (and still belongs) to James.

metallica isn't the band you wanna listen to if you're looking for awsome drums. AJFA had good drum lines except for the high hat, lars has the worst high hat technique on the planet it's digusting, he can roll the bass drum, but he can't fuckin close the high hat to save his life, and that was the same up until load, where, as i recall, he may done something a little fancier, but i can't remember that well. If you want good drums from a north american band, listen to cryptopsy, if you can stomach their old vocalist. but seriously, listen to all your metallica CDs and you'll hear it, i swear, the high hat NEVER CLOSES. its so annoying

Good point about the h hat, but the absolute WORST hi hat I've ever heard is on Jason Becker's perpetual burn, track 5 or 6 (I'm not sure, I just listened to that about four hours ago and happened to notice it then.) The drummer has alright technique, but the sound of the hi hat just makes you want to crash your car into a light post to end your misery! (I was driving at the time.)

yeah dude, road music w/ bad drummers... the ride is garuntied to be ruined, thats why i can never listen to the radio in the car. you notice it just slightly, and then it eats away at you like rats on a corpse, 'cause it's constant until the end of the song, just the way they hit the high hat, or the way their snare is tuned, the bass drum, the toms, any one of those sends me off. Riffs can get better as the song progresses, but bad drumming... anyway, apparently they anounced on mtv, (according to a friend), metallica are in fact releasing a new album, a date has been set supposedly, and apparently there are rumors that mustaine does guest vocals on a track, however this is all hear-say, so don't quote me.

That sounds encouraging about the new Met album, however I fear for the rhythm section as yet another fine bass player has left the band (this time with his heart still beating.) Hetfield is a killer rhythm guitarist, so a segue onto the bass can't be that much of a stretch - still a guitarist-bass convert is a sorry replacement for the late, great Cliff:cry:

Well, they've had an album without bass before, (...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL) so I'm not too worried! :D

And you guys must be drummers, because I can't tell what a high hat is or how it's supposed to sound. To the average listener, his drumming sounds great.

Originally posted by King Purple Rainbow
Well, they've had an album without bass before, (...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL) so I'm not too worried! :D

And you guys must be drummers, because I can't tell what a high hat is or how it's supposed to sound. To the average listener, his drumming sounds great.

I'm actually a guitar player, however I've been playing in bands as a singer/vocalist for even longer and have learned a lot from all of the drummers i've played with. They all concour that Lars has one of the worst recorded high hat techniques ever, especially for a band of metallica's stature. Shit, the Nickelback drummer is better than fuckin Lars, and Nickelback has simple drum lines. The Godsmack guy is worse though. As for the bass situation, numerous rumors have been flying, none of which worth typing out however... sorry.:err:

Opeth? Excellent choice, i'm pickin'' up the new In Flames album, depending on the price, i'll get the new opeth album, it's a double though, so my hopes aren't exactly high. I already got the ATG: Slaughter of the Soul re-issue, so i'm ready for another round of swedes. By the way, SOTS's bonus tracks are well worth it. Either way, met's new album isn't slated for a little while, as recall.

Just don't expect Metallica to even try to compete with the likes of today's metal. They were popular before everyone knew about bands like Death and all the more sophisticated metal stuff. A lot of people's first metal was Metallica, so that's what they like, but I doubt they have it in them to win over another generation of metalheads. Then of course Black Sabbath isn't exactly butt ripping death metal or Korn and kids seem to dig them. Hmm...maybe they do have a chance. Still, I doubt it.

i think metallica must not have chance anymore!?

they have to die out of cancer while they play live another disgusting live version of ruined master of puppets.

god dome a favour! and give to us cliff burton again! r.i.p.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk yyyyoooooooouuuuu selled bastards!!!:mad:

:lol:

Screw that...

S & M is a special piece of music that I will always treasure...

Originally posted by dimensionidol
you wanna say piece of shit!??

:lol:

Nope. I didn't stutter.

S & M is a special Metallica CD that should be special to the fans.

And I said FANS...

I say just download the album and pass it out to people so they don't spend a single dime on that piece of shit. Lars said that "we have a Entombed and Hatebreed feel to that album." I mean come on!!!! Entombed!!?!?!?! How can they compare themselves to Entombed!? Blasphemy!