Are Mikael and the swedish metal community at the stadium tonight for Metallica ?

Thanks for that post. I Agree.

Thanks. Glad to see there are people who agree with me.
Just remember that when a band solds out the stadium, almost 1% of the country's population is at the gig so odds that swedish metal bandmembers to be at a Metallica gig are pretty high.

After all, this band is the roots of everybody in metal wheather you like it or not.

No To Live is to Die though ...

They were the gateway for many people, including me, to heavy metal. I wouldn't say they were the roots. There were Black Sabbath and NWOBHM before Metallica.

To Live is to Die has never been played live before, though now that they're playing Orion and have played previously-unplayed songs over the last few tours (see: Dyers Eve), there's hope for it one day, maybe.

Still, Jaymz is not credited enough for completely changing the way metal players play rythm.

Who was as tight, precise, machine gun riffing, palm mutting thrashing as good as Jaymz in 1983, 1984 ?

Nobody.

Trying to play the triplets in Disposable Heroes is seriously gonna up your ryhm playing metal chops or the Blackened riff.

Just listen to the difference between Slayer's Hell Awaits (84) and Reign in Blood (86), Kerry king And Jeff Hanneman went to Hetfield's school to learn how to down pick like motherfuckers at high speed.

For me Jaymz is the ultimate rythm metal guitar hero, his right hand is the fiercest I know, so tight and heavy.
Even whan he plays a slow tune, the way he picks and plays is FAT ( Sad but True live, The Thing tha Should not be, Harvester of Sorrow etc etc)
He is damn gifted bluesy soloist also.

It s funny because a guy like John petrucci is cited as a Guitar God (well he is), yet his rythm playing on his Master of puppetz tribute is shit compared to Jaymz.

Papa Het' tears you a new one on a daily basis.

Metallica have been picking up the pace lately, they have been performing well these last couple of weeks. They seem to be stronger and healthier right now, so tonight will be powerful.... go out tonight and ride the lightning swedes.

Bob Rock has stated that St Anger was made while the band was broke up, it was just a bunch of riffs cut and pasted together. They hated each other when they made that crap album and couldn't stand being in the same room with each other.

I don't agree with that setlist being a "metalhead's wet dream". I've been listening to Metallica since Justice came out and have seen them 6 or 7 times, so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about.

>Creeping Death
>For Whom The Bell Tolls

Fine songs, but very overplayed live.

>Ride The Lightning
>Disposable Heroes

Very nice! I don't think I've seen either of these live, but they are great!

>The Unforgiven

Ugh. I bet this sucked the momentum out of everyone. I can't stand this song.

>...And Justice For All

Another great song. But it would have sounded much better right after Heroes.

>The Memory Remains
>No Leaf Clover

No. These choices alone kill this concert.

>Orion
>Fade To Black
>Master of Puppets
>Whiplash

Now we're talking! Excellent 4-some.

>Sad But True
>Nothing Else Matters
>One
>Enter Sandman

A complete and utter waste of time. Every time I hear the opening lines to any of these songs I shake my head.

>The Four Horsemen

Great song - one of my favorites.

>Seek and Destroy

Way, way, way overplayed. Anyone who has suffered through the 20-minute version (early 90's) has heard this song enough.

Whatever, though. If it does it for you - great. I've lost the love for Metallica more and more since Load/Reload. I still have a shred of hope that they come to their senses and produce something remotely listenable soon.

Bob Rock has stated that St Anger was made while the band was broke up, it was just a bunch of riffs cut and pasted together. They hated each other when they made that crap album and couldn't stand being in the same room with each other.
...and Phil Towle said their attitude will come out on the album to follow St. Anger.

Gives me some hope for the new album.

Well, I gotta say that Metallica got me into metal like many other guys (with the song "nothing Else Matters", by the way) and I have to say that they really should stop now playing their old songs, though those are best.. but in my opinion jaymz can't sing them anymore in the right way since he isn't an alcoholican anymore..
for example -Disposable Heroes- I fell into love with that one when Metallica first played it live.. but when I hear the versions of 2006, it screws me up..
jaymz cant fuck the newer stuff like St.Anger up, because his voice has already changed there very hard, so you dont even realize the mistakes he make etc
dont know if you can understand my opinion, but its the way I think

so I also think that the setlist ain't really that good.. maybe it was good
20-25 years ago.. but not today

Well, I gotta say that Metallica got me into metal like many other guys (with the song "nothing Else Matters", by the way) and I have to say that they really should stop now playing their old songs, though those are best.. but in my opinion jaymz can't sing them anymore in the right way since he isn't an alcoholican anymore..
for example -Disposable Heroes- I fell into love with that one when Metallica first played it live.. but when I hear the versions of 2006, it screws me up..
jaymz cant fuck the newer stuff like St.Anger up, because his voice has already changed there very hard, so you dont even realize the mistakes he make etc
dont know if you can understand my opinion, but its the way I think

so I also think that the setlist ain't really that good.. maybe it was good
20-25 years ago.. but not today

He didn't sound so good 2003-2006. But he does sound pretty damn good now on the current tour.

And Justice For All !!!

Such an awesome song & album.

It's great to see that Orion has been added to their live setlist in recent years.

Sadly, I've yet to see it live & probably never will

Still, Jaymz is not credited enough for completely changing the way metal players play rythm.

Who was as tight, precise, machine gun riffing, palm mutting thrashing as good as Jaymz in 1983, 1984 ?

Nobody.

Trying to play the triplets in Disposable Heroes is seriously gonna up your ryhm playing metal chops or the Blackened riff.

Just listen to the difference between Slayer's Hell Awaits (84) and Reign in Blood (86), Kerry king And Jeff Hanneman went to Hetfield's school to learn how to down pick like motherfuckers at high speed.

For me Jaymz is the ultimate rythm metal guitar hero, his right hand is the fiercest I know, so tight and heavy.
Even whan he plays a slow tune, the way he picks and plays is FAT ( Sad but True live, The Thing tha Should not be, Harvester of Sorrow etc etc)
He is damn gifted bluesy soloist also.

It s funny because a guy like John petrucci is cited as a Guitar God (well he is), yet his rythm playing on his Master of puppetz tribute is shit compared to Jaymz.

Papa Het' tears you a new one on a daily basis.

I agree for the most part.

Metallica btw defined the classic thrashy and devastating palm muted riff..everyone after them (and even some of their contemporaries) has to pass there before doing everything in metal..

Uhm.. He didnt sound good even before 2000.. only exception is the gig with the san francisco symphony
I'd like to disagree. I think he was an excellent singer in 98 and 99. I have the Woodstock 99 DVD and he's as tight as ever. IMO his singing wasn't as good 95-97 though his voice was great.

And yes, his singing on S&M was fucking immense. It's his vocal peak imo. I actually like his voice around this time better than his old metal voice. It was great, and some songs sound as if they were meant for it (The Thing That Should Not Be, for example), but his clean singing during the old days was much worse.

Well then Bob Rock is full of shit. The band was never "broke up". It was only Jason that decided to leave because James didn't allow Jason to start Echobrain. From then on it was always James, Lars and Kirk and Bob Rock took over bass until Rob came in.

They hated being being in the same room together so they got Phil Towle to help them sort out their problems or some shit, but they were all in the same room when the music was made (if you can call it music)

I'd like to disagree. I think he was an excellent singer in 98 and 99. I have the Woodstock 99 DVD and he's as tight as ever. IMO his singing wasn't as good 95-97 though his voice was great.

And yes, his singing on S&M was fucking immense. It's his vocal peak imo. I actually like his voice around this time better than his old metal voice. It was great, and some songs sound as if they were meant for it (The Thing That Should Not Be, for example), but his clean singing during the old days was much worse.

The best Metallica vocal performance is on Master and Justice, for me, no way.

Well, I don't know about Woodstock 99, but anyways I think that he improved his voice around 99, maybe he even was tought by somebody else how to sing good. As you said his voice wasn't that good before, and I have to say that I speculate whether he was quite often drunken on stage around that time..

Imo his "old metal voice" would suck at all the new, less metal, songs they made, but it's only a guess..

plus we have to remember that Jaymz never wanted to be the main singer and frontman.. Dave Mustaine should have been that, and thank god that he was kicked outof the band..

metallica got me into metal. the first song i ever heard was when i was 11, it was enter sandman and i fell in love with it, went and brought the black album, then re-load and loved that too! i then got puppetz, justice, and eventually the whole set ( kinda got into the "worst" albums first!!). i am a metallica fanatic, and i can totally understand why ppl think they have shit albums, and i agree to a certain extent, but there are shittier albums out there that load, reload and st. anger! I love all the albums up to the black album, and i can tolerate the rest of them. i think that james's voice has had its ups and downs (sometime in the space of one year), but no matter how many shit records they put out i will always be a fuckin metallica nut! ppl who call them overrated get on my fuckin nerves because they deserve every piece or respect they get! if you hate them, go fucking write me a better album than master of puppets! i know sabbath and zeppelin invented metal, and i know judas preist and maiden stripped the blues away from it, but metallica sped it up, and took it too another level. god fuckin bless em and i hope the new album is great, and if not, fuck it, i'll still be a fan!