Are Mikael and the swedish metal community at the stadium tonight for Metallica ?

I saw'em teh only time in 204 i belive.....they werent as tight in that show......Lars effed up blackened I beleive....but it was rockin good time...teh fire works were jsut insane....crazy......liek tehy say....Texas size bar b Q...hahahha........but I enjoyed it.....I love all albums till black.....loads haev thier good songs...but many filler songs too....St. Anger was a piece of crap....sory for sayin this...but it jsut wasnt good at all..no matter how u look at it....!!!!!......i actualyl went out and bough tit the day it came...adn would play it/......to try to liek it...but it was shiat......!!!......as far as thier place in history....well I dont think we need to debate that......they brought metal to the masses....the biggest selling metal act.....def. influential...and liek some say...James is the kick ass rhythm guy....!!!!.....jsut amazing.......also a versatile and prolific song writer....hwo many can write MoP and then turn around nad write something as hear felt as ...NEM.....kiler band.....and u can argue all u want.....but ther place in history as oe of teh most influential and successfull metal band cannto be denied.......!!!!...PEAC EOUT

I was there. Mikael didn´t go to the gig as he was at a photosession. I think the gig was fantastic. Love Metallica as a live act!
//opeth.com

hahaha.....aweosme....i bet u took lil' melinda too....though if u really had...taht been aweosme....lil melinda headbanging to Damange Inc...!!!!....now thats a photoshoot right there...hahaha....glad u had fun...Keep rockin...and tell Mr. Ana that he is one of teh best musicians around....and love his stuff.....PEAC EOUT

Well, I don't know about Woodstock 99, but anyways I think that he improved his voice around 99, maybe he even was tought by somebody else how to sing good. As you said his voice wasn't that good before, and I have to say that I speculate whether he was quite often drunken on stage around that time..

Imo his "old metal voice" would suck at all the new, less metal, songs they made, but it's only a guess..

plus we have to remember that Jaymz never wanted to be the main singer and frontman.. Dave Mustaine should have been that, and thank god that he was kicked outof the band..
I guess it's all a matter of taste, while I do think his old voice was awesome I think he was more versatile and personal during the end of the 90s. But no matter what can be said, there's no denying Hetfield's impact on heavy metal music.
Anyone who denies him that needs a good reality punch.

The man deserves respect, both for his musical and his personal achievements.

About the Loads - I really loved them. Songs like The Outlaw Torn and Where the Wild Things Are may be a far cry from Master of Puppets, but they're just as impressive imo. In a different way, of course, but just as impressive.

I guess it's all a matter of taste, while I do think his old voice was awesome I think he was more versatile and personal during the end of the 90s. But no matter what can be said, there's no denying Hetfield's impact on heavy metal music.

About the Loads - I really loved them. Songs like The Outlaw Torn and Where the Wild Things Are may be a far cry from Master of Puppets, but they're just as impressive imo. In a different way, of course, but just as impressive.

I have to say thar Where the wild..is a decent one..

hahaha.....aweosme....i bet u took lil' melinda too....though if u really had...taht been aweosme....lil melinda headbanging to Damange Inc...!!!!....now thats a photoshoot right there...hahaha....glad u had fun...Keep rockin...and tell Mr. Ana that he is one of teh best musicians around....and love his stuff.....PEAC EOUT

This type of fanboyism is below even you waz. Really. Clean off your keyboard and keep your infatuations for the therapist.

Actually I have to agree that his voice was good to the end of the 90s. Maybe you have the dvd of the gig in San Diego? It is in 1992 but IMO his voice is awesome there. The bad thing about it is that his voice was made by alcohol, if you know what I mean, in this time. That's a reason for me why he couldn't sing so good after he stopped drinking. I dont really know how he sounds nowadays but I think he should be able to handle his not alcohol-influenced voice now.

Hehe, I'm with you if you wanna beat someone who says that Jaymz is a fuck. He had to go through many troublefull times and in the end you can say that he got through those very well.

Well, I got into Metal(lica) by the S&M record and I love each and every song which is played there. Only exception is "Hero of the Day".. I think it's the only song ny Metallica I don't like (Ok I don't like covers like "Now I wanna sniff some glue" either >.<).
The Outlaw of Torn is even one of my favs I'd say. I easpecially love Jaymz solo in the end of the song (Don't know, but I think it's only on the S&M record). It really sounds like it could have been made around the time of MoP. So it shows that Metallica is still able to do stuff like that.

For the new album they are making I gotta say: I hope that Rob has a big and goodinfluence on that record.. IMO he is able to make it.

I dropped out of the Metallica camp after the Black album. However, the press I've read regarding the new stuff with Rick Rubin to me is a bit exciting. He's asking them to remember Master of Puppets and the vibe at the time. Combined with this setlist...:headbang:

SO far these facts have been in the press Regarding the new album...

1.Supposed to sound like And Justice mixed with Black album.(makes sense because this is the post Burton Metallica)
2.Songs are long
3.Songs are more progressive and Dynamic sounding
4.Middle eastern influence in some songs
5.Guitar solos return
6.drum sound fixed
7.Robs first album as bass player
8.Songs tuned back up to E( original tuning)
9.Production will be more polished
10.Attitude and energy of Master of Puppets

* these are facts regarding the new album, does not mean it will be a good album ...only time will tell.

I'll gladly welcome Metallica back. I didn't even think St. Anger was as bad as everyone seems to think. Yeah, the drums are pitiful sounding (I can't even imagine that someone said, "Yeah, THAT is perfect!"). But, to me, it's better than either of the Load albums, which to me suffer from the ultimate musical sin: they're boring.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the whole Napster business. It seriously pissed me off at the time, and the extent to which they were pushing it made me think that it wasn't coincidental that this was happening as their music began to suck more and more. But those "Napster BAD!" cartoons at Camp Chaos were funny as hell....

what can we expect from future? metallica will release this new album, that i we will see soon in the shelves of some 2nd hand music shops.

they will go on touring, playing 2 songs out of the new album, then coming back to their classics as well.

if we had some really cool new stuff today, probably we would support it instead of always waiting for something good from bands who are not able to write a decent song in years...

ppl who call them overrated get on my fuckin nerves because they deserve every piece or respect they get! if you hate them, go fucking write me a better album than master of puppets! i know sabbath and zeppelin invented metal, and i know judas preist and maiden stripped the blues away from it, but metallica sped it up, and took it too another level. god fuckin bless em and i hope the new album is great, and if not, fuck it, i'll still be a fan!

The reason why people hate Metallica isnt solely based on their material. They started out as long haired skateboarding kids hanging out writing metal because they loved it and overtime became one of the most greedy corrupt money hungry bands ever and pawns of the music industry . Heres how I see it:

Kill em All - Master of Puppets
The glory years. This was when these guys were fucking inspired. They cared about what they were doing and really felt like they could conquer the world. They didnt care about money, they just wanted to reach as many people as they could and have a good time doing it. They wanted to "fuck up the system" They had the perfect lineup and even opened up for Ozzy on tour with MOP. Things were looking good.

...and Justice for All
BAM !!! Cliff Burton gets killed in a tragic accident and the guys lose a bit of their spirit with him. Cliff was almost a mentor to the rest of the guys, he partied it up but he always seemed to be the most responsible one. He listened to classical music and just really considered music to be an artform. And Justice was almost like a tribute to the death of Cliff and Metallica's former self. They did what they did in the first 3 albums but did it to the extreme. Longer songs, heavier parts, and the most technical stuff they could come up with. They wanted to go out with a bang. Ironically Cliffs death was also apparent in that Cd because even though Jason was around you can barely hear any bass.

Black Album
The turning point. Metallica's artistic integrity died with Cliff but their desire to get their music heard was stronger than ever. They did whatever they had to to make sure that anyone and everyone had a chance to hear of Metallica. They wrote short radio friendly songs, two ballads, and released almost every song as a single right when grunge was starting to gain popularity. They went on tour and stayed there for 2 years straight. Uh Oh, bring in the money. The black album made Metallica what they are today. They went from a pretty popular and respected metal band like Opeth and turned into one of the biggest bands in the world through the corse of one album.

Loads- S&M/Garage Ink.
These guys were now on top. They were rolling in cash and liked that feeling. They decided to become a rock band, they cut their hair, wore eyeliner, and changed their entire image. Look at the pictures iside the Load booklet. They made videos like "Hero of the Day" and wrote songs like that horrible acoustic country one about his dead mother. Worse of all, they sued the people that got them there. They went to all that trouble with the black album to get popular and now they were turning their back on the people who just wanted to hear it. They had dollar signs in their eyes and greed in their hearts. They didnt give a shit about music. The music was just a tool for them to make more money. They did stupid projects like making a Cd entirely of covers and playing with an orchestra. They were running out of steem and that led to...

St. Anger
James decided it wasnt working. He went to rehab and the band was hualted for a while. When he came back they tried to gain back their old enthusiasm and show that they still had it and wernt just a bunch of old rich dudes who play guitar. They tried so hard in fact that it ruined the whole thing. They tried to make a point with the production making it sound raw and garage bandish, they tried to make longer songs, they tried to throw the heaviness back in, but its all fake. All I hear when I hear St. Anger is fake screaming out at me. They lost it when they sold their soul.

Thats why people hate Metallica. They are the perfect example of what the music industry will do if you let it. Itll suck you in and destroy everything you stand for and believe. They became what they hated. They are holding onto their past achievments and unfortunately that reputation will still have people buying what they make, even if their next few albums are St. Anger clones. The chances of them ever getting back that flame they started with are extremely unlikely.

No matter how horrible thier 90s and recent stuff is.....teh first 4 will be thier forte....!!!!...and ppl will always respect them for it...!!!!.....I sure am gonna freakin d/l their CD....and then decide if I want it or not...!!!...hahaha....PEAC EOUT

The reason why people hate Metallica isnt solely based on their material. They started out as long haired skateboarding kids hanging out writing metal because they loved it and overtime became one of the most greedy corrupt money hungry bands ever and pawns of the music industry . Heres how I see it:

Kill em All - Master of Puppets
The glory years. This was when these guys were fucking inspired. They cared about what they were doing and really felt like they could conquer the world. They didnt care about money, they just wanted to reach as many people as they could and have a good time doing it. They wanted to "fuck up the system" They had the perfect lineup and even opened up for Ozzy on tour with MOP. Things were looking good.

...and Justice for All
BAM !!! Cliff Burton gets killed in a tragic accident and the guys lose a bit of their spirit with him. Cliff was almost a mentor to the rest of the guys, he partied it up but he always seemed to be the most responsible one. He listened to classical music and just really considered music to be an artform. And Justice was almost like a tribute to the death of Cliff and Metallica's former self. They did what they did in the first 3 albums but did it to the extreme. Longer songs, heavier parts, and the most technical stuff they could come up with. They wanted to go out with a bang. Ironically Cliffs death was also apparent in that Cd because even though Jason was around you can barely hear any bass.

Black Album
The turning point. Metallica's artistic integrity died with Cliff but their desire to get their music heard was stronger than ever. They did whatever they had to to make sure that anyone and everyone had a chance to hear of Metallica. They wrote short radio friendly songs, two ballads, and released almost every song as a single right when grunge was starting to gain popularity. They went on tour and stayed there for 2 years straight. Uh Oh, bring in the money. The black album made Metallica what they are today. They went from a pretty popular and respected metal band like Opeth and turned into one of the biggest bands in the world through the corse of one album.

Loads- S&M/Garage Ink.
These guys were now on top. They were rolling in cash and liked that feeling. They decided to become a rock band, they cut their hair, wore eyeliner, and changed their entire image. Look at the pictures iside the Load booklet. They made videos like "Hero of the Day" and wrote songs like that horrible acoustic country one about his dead mother. Worse of all, they sued the people that got them there. They went to all that trouble with the black album to get popular and now they were turning their back on the people who just wanted to hear it. They had dollar signs in their eyes and greed in their hearts. They didnt give a shit about music. The music was just a tool for them to make more money. They did stupid projects like making a Cd entirely of covers and playing with an orchestra. They were running out of steem and that led to...

St. Anger
James decided it wasnt working. He went to rehab and the band was hualted for a while. When he came back they tried to gain back their old enthusiasm and show that they still had it and wernt just a bunch of old rich dudes who play guitar. They tried so hard in fact that it ruined the whole thing. They tried to make a point with the production making it sound raw and garage bandish, they tried to make longer songs, they tried to throw the heaviness back in, but its all fake. All I hear when I hear St. Anger is fake screaming out at me. They lost it when they sold their soul.

Thats why people hate Metallica. They are the perfect example of what the music industry will do if you let it. Itll suck you in and destroy everything you stand for and believe. They became what they hated. They are holding onto their past achievments and unfortunately that reputation will still have people buying what they make, even if their next few albums are St. Anger clones. The chances of them ever getting back that flame they started with are extremely unlikely.

I could decimate every whiney argument you tried to achieve here but I won't because you will grow up and become wise and you'll realize by yourself how stupid are 99% of the things you've just said.

Respect The Cock Young Padawan.