are the Black Waltz songs refering to any specific events or are they just ideas?

GMR333

New Metal Member
Dec 7, 2006
okay, I've been wondering this for some time now. especially about the songs

To the Gallows, Mindrust, With Terminal intensity, and One From the Stands.

the groan of the wind is about the bird flu, in the lyrics pekka says "H5N1 lethal time bomb" and the H5N1 strand is the bird flu. wish i could help for all the other songs, but i dont know.

Iv always had a mental picture of, One from the stands being about roman times but im not sure.

well that does make sense for sure now that I think about it. and I thought The Groan of Wind was just about disease in general, bird flu just being one example.

to the gallows is about slavery in america. with terminal intensity is about an assassin or something to that nature. mindrust is about a guy dying of cancer and reflecting on his life. can't remember what one from the stands is about though. there was a interview were each songs meaning was given, but i can't find it. this is just what i remember.

thanks man, thats very interesting, I figured Terminal intensity was about an assasin or somt sort, but I didnt know if it was about somthing that actually happened. but thanks for the info