Are There Any Songs Or Albums

Virus

Proud IMG Guitarist
Apr 17, 2001
Sheffield, England
That you can't listen to or have difficulty listening to because of the memories, emotions etc. they bring out in you/remind you of?

Deep I know!! Just curious if anyone else experiences this or if it's just me being daft!!

Dream Theaters new one "6 Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" does it for me... I have to be in a strong frame of mind to listen to that album, with depression being the theme and the problems I've had over the last 7/8 months it hits home a little too hard!

In particular the song "Misunderstood" does me, with lyrics like this how can you not be affected?!?!?

"How can I feel abandoned even when the world surrounds me
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me
How can I know so many
Never really knowing anyone"

VERY Heavy stuff! Were they following me around and spying on me??? Anyway, I'll shut up now! ;) :)

Yeah virus there are a lot of songs that bring back the memories good, bad etc... for me. For me to like a song it usually has to dig in deep to some emotion whether it's anger, fear, etc...

I think Bleeding me by Metallica is about going through that process of messing around with the things in your head that sometimes aren't just right and then the idea is kinda summed up in the song until it sleeps. Almost as if he dug around in there, let someone in, and wished he could just put it to rest.

Music is emotion to me. I read somewhere recently that musicians are more susceptible to extreme ranges in emotion because it's directly tied to our creative ability. It's like we give up some or our normalness (if that's a word) in return for our creative ablility to let loose. Maybe that's why Mozart and the like were a little bit nuts. Who knows for sure.

:)

Absolutely...

Back in Black and Paradise Theatre bring back great memories from high school. Faithfully (Journey) brings back bad-girlfriend memories. Still can't stand that song to this day....