Are there by any chance Filipinos here?

Finally! After a very long time, I've come once again. Grabe talaga ang pressure ng school pero masaya na ngayon kasi bakasyon na!!!

Alvinbakal, I also went to Marikina Riverbanks a few days ago and got surprised by the metal DVD's I saw. I bought two (three actually, but one was for my friend) - Death Live in L.A. and Nuclear Blast's Death is Just The Beginning. I didn't get to see the Rush, and Dream Theater DVDs, which I would die for.

Does anyone here know where to buy an original Dream Theater Live In Budokan DVD? I've been searching for that for quite a while. I have the Live in Tokyo and Once In A Livetime DVD. Sinuwerte lang ako na nakita ko 'yun.

Anyway, I and my friends in school got to see John Myung of Dream Theater in his bass clinic this Wednesday, March 2 sa Makati. All I can say is "Wow!" Naasar yata si John dahil 'nung oras na ng pagbibigay ng autograph, sinabihan lahat na 100 lang ang pwede magpa-autograph. Pero, dahil Pinoy nga ang audience at Pilipinas nga ang lugar, ang tangi lamang na puwedeng mangyari maliban kung may disiplina ay magkagulo. Sa pagtatapos, asar yata talaga si John tapos mayroon pang mga siraulong sumisigaw ng "John Myung suplado! Huwag ka nang bumalik dito." Pero kung tutuusin, sila nga ang may kasalanan kung bakit nagkaganoon 'yung nangyari.

That's all I can write about for now. I've been resting a lot lately. Sige lang... Enjoy.

PanzerRon said:
Fuck, The Live At Budokan DVD fucking smokes! Yes, a lot of intrumental masturbatory behaviour but awesome to look at.

Can you please translate your paragraph about John Myung into English? I would really like to read what you've said.

Anyone heard of Impiety from Singapore? This Asian band is the shit!!!

So we went to John Myung's bass clinic. The clinic was great. John answered different questions from different people and played, I think, three songs - Overture, The Glass Prison, and The Great Debate.

After the show, the audience was given the opportunity to take pictures of John and get some autographs. The autograph part was when John, I think, got pissed off. You see, when the host of the show emphasized that only a hundred people were only allowed to get autographs, no one listened due to the fact that the audience is consisted of FILIPINOS. So the only thing to expect was pure chaos. John went to his seat to sign autographs then people came running in, even worse, there was no line. People pushed each other so they could get to John first.

So the night ended. John went out of the building then into a van. Many clapped there hands as a sign of admiration but some chose to be absurd and shouted, "John Myung, never return to this place! You have no guts to speak with your fans" - something like that, of course, in Filipino language. But honestly, they are the reason why John became pissed off.

That's it.

Hahahaha! Tangina! You're back bringer of war! Wooh! Nababato na rin ako dito sa UM eh, check mo din ang Filipinometal kaso may mga idiots din dun, pero ok lang, go with the flow...

Oh is John Myung here? I didn't know that... Fuckin idiots, it is just once in a blue moon a foreign Metaller comes in the Philippines and that's the way he is treated? No fucking discipline at all! Even if I don't really like Dream Theatre that much, they must have observed discipline and respect for the man!

And PanzerRon, you're back too! Glad everyone's coming back now... And haven't heard Impiety... But I heard Surrender of Divinity from Thailand though, I know you know them Panzer...

Whao. It seems like I have half my brain in the crapper.

I have seen this thread just NOW, and I'd like to apologize for being very late.

I live in Marikina, am 23 years old, and have an X and Y chromosome. :D I listen to progressive, epic, neoclassical, power and tech metal. Hope to hear more from you guys. a deeper intro will be in the works once it's needed.

Welcome Filipino UM Metalhead!!! You guys are really neighbors huh, bringer is from Ligaya, alvin is from Antipolo which is not far from Marikina and you are from Marikina. Wow... Am I like the only one far apart? Hehehe... Guess a lot from Marikina are into Metal nowadays...

So you joined in 2003, I guess you know some guys here already...

Hey, welcome Strychnos! Which part of Marikina are you from? We're practically neighbors!

All four of us should get together sometime, hang out, drink beer and listen to metal! What about the next Ironworks gig at Caliente? Or probably the next metal gig at Freedom Bar so that it'll be closer? Whaddyathink?

RosesOfShadow: actually, I have the UM forums in general to thank, for broadening my metal sensibilities. While by and large, I still listen to prog, I'm not exclusive to it anymore, as I listen to power, tech, and death metal as well.

alvinbakal: I'm a ways near Parang, beyond the Concepcion area. :D

Strychnos said:
RosesOfShadow: actually, I have the UM forums in general to thank, for broadening my metal sensibilities. While by and large, I still listen to prog, I'm not exclusive to it anymore, as I listen to power, tech, and death metal as well.

Yeah man me too... Many thanks to UM. It enlightens me on some very very good bands... For me on top is Death Metal, next is Black, then Thrash!

@alvinbakal

Kilala mo ba si Long Hair? ala lang... Titignan ko kung pwede ako, medyo busy kasi... pero kung may balak kayong lumabas eh, kahit wag niyo muna ako isama... Tutal magkakalapit lang kayo, mas madali sa inyo.

BUMP!

it's been so many moons since i've last posted on this thread.

any of the old folk post here still?!

:wave:

Filipino from Cainta, Rizal
Jet anlupit mo kung saan saang mga forums kita nakikita hehehehe!
Same thing is true with massdefect and freakmommah