Are we all as excited as me??

I try my best to avoid leaks from the bands I really want to hear, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer and so on. It seems easier these days than when leaks were first the prevalent thing.

It's decent but the production still feels rushed (and vocally really dry) and like most later Maiden stuff, I think it could do with some fat trimming.

Pretty great moments in places though. I think I need to give it a few more listens to fully appreciate it though.

I've listened to it a bunch of times. A great album and it grows on me every day.

Shall pop into JB this afternoon to see if it's there early, as is tradition. I'll be buying the deluxe edition and have pre-ordered on iTunes.

So? General verdicts now it out and all? I like it, but I after repeated listens think I like AMOLAD better. Maybe even TFF. It's very solid with some outstanding *bits*, but there's something that just doesn't sit right as a whole.

I love it. It's longer than it needs to be - I'd cut Tears of a Clown, When the River Runs Deep and Shadows of the Valley - but otherwise I can't really fault it much. Bruce's voice has seen better days though.

I got the book version thingo this evening. Only up to song 5, so will save my thoughts for later.

The lyrics of the final track are cheesy and stupid as all out but fuck me if it isn't an utterly epic song overall.

That just shows the craft that they have masters after 30 or so years playing.

One of a handleful of bands to whom the lyrics account for next to nothing IMO. I love everything about the band, the lyrics are just a very small part of that, some of the greatest story tellers of our time I think