Votes: 11 17.2%
  • I don't play guitar.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other - state answer

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
I forgot to list my gear earlier:

I've got:

B.C. Rich Platinum series Beast w/fixed bridge (no longer made)
Yamaha EG112 (piece of crap, but has lasted for 4 years, not bad for a $100 guitar).

Amp:

Crate DXB112 30watt (powerful little amp, best investment ever)
Crate DXFC Midi foot switch.

Total I've only spent perhaps $1300 on this stuff. I got most of them at bargain basement prices, and they are in top quality. Next things I'm looking to get are another fixed bridge of some sort, and the way the B.C. Rich has been playing and lasting I may get one of their body art collection guitars since those are fixed bridge. Really want a Jackson eventually, especially a warrior or RR model, but msot are floyd roses and I've never really gotten used to them. Also need a 4x12 cab for my bands shows, as well as a head. They had a Peavey 5150 combo at my local music store for about $1299, so I was thinking about picking that up.

How much have you guys spent on your gear to date? (I'm looking at you 7 dying trees) :D

I have played for almost two years.

Own a Jackson DKMG in black forest...mmm :p

don't worry, manuel, in this world there's room for everyone. i'll ask my bf if we can play triangle in his band. you can hold the triangle and i can hit it in a very proggish way :D

I will fail to learn how to hold the triangle
:lol:
as I stated before: I was gifted with the non learning ability
hehehe

Gear:
Electric Guitar: Jackson Kelly
Classical Guitar: Ramirez (dunno the model, it's one of the middle-line ones, worth about $2500, which is way more than all my electric gear put together :D)
Distortion Pedal: Danelectro Fabtone
Amp: some small Laney which is utter shit and I haven't used in over 4 years.

I plug in direct to my 4-track tape deck, which connects to my stereo, so I get to use the eq and stuff

Been playing for about...a year and a half...been in a band for the past 4 months

Gear:

1 Black B.C. Rich Warlock with 10 gauge DR strings
1 Ibanez Smash Box petal, complete with beer stains
1 Kustom little POS amp, workin on getting a half stack
10 Extra heavy picks

Oh, I use 1.5mm picks, and 10-46(I think it's 46) gauge strings, tuned to C# :D (low tension rules ;))
I don't remember what I use on my classical axe, but they are high tension (easier to project the sound with high tension strings)

I have playing for almost 1 year now and pick-up my guitar every day, even if sometimes it is for only 10-15 minutes. I first learned all the basic open-ended chords and strumming techniques (like synchopation), then I learned how to play the basic E Barre chords and A5 chords...now I am learning the fretboard through playing various scales and runs.