Are you addicted to the internet?

Do you have a modem dependence?

• Yes. UM is an Addiction

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Yes. But for sites outside of UM

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'd vote in this poll if I wasn't using dial-up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I'm not a geekstroid.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • ASDF JKL;

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Click here if you think I should order Honey Walnut Shrimp.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
dorian gray said:
No one emails me except my mom (this isn't a complaint - I just don't have a bunch of friends who email) and eveything else is incredibly boring.

Haha, makes me think back to our endless PM discussions about fucking nothing. Good times :kickass:

hahahaha

"so you live in Australia?"
"yeah"
"cool"
"did you get that Weakling album yet?"
"no. where can I order it again?"

:lol:

I WAS addicted to UM. Just look at my posts. I did post in a lot of the thread games at that time. I quit that and my post rate slowed down greatly, but I'm still on here about 90% of the time I'm online.

:lol: I love how you lot talk about this as if it were a problem. There are a LOT of productive things to do and sources to use and learn from on the internet as well as great "pub" style places like this to stop by and shoot the shit. We're living in a virtual world and just because it's still considered "nerdy" to talk to people through this medium doesn't it make it any less worthwhile, especially considering the discussion here is either more enlightening or hilarious than the small talk with joe schmoe down the road.

It makes me laugh my fucking balls off that people think they'd actually need a clinic to treat themselves for "internet addiction.":lol: :lol: :lol: Just a product of our fucking wimpy, spineless society, where instead of confronting the problem and overcoming it on their own, through their own strength of will, people would rather whine and be told "it's ok" or even better yet to turn a pill. Everyone in this society is so hopelessly drugged up on useless shit it blows my mind. Medicine is damn near worthless and quite frankly, the power of the human mind is more than enough to overcome anything that doesn't flat out kill your physical being. Shut the fuck up already and deal with it world.

I spend time on here and around the net because I can find people to talk to about things that ACTUALLY INTEREST ME instead of squandering my time on the mindless masses of the real world. The internet is a great tool and it works in a million different ways. Sure, there are some good folk out there in your local community and it's good to get out and have fun, but let's face it, it's a limited pool and that's why we're all here. No one wants to hold themselves back.

What it comes down to is being able to draw a line. I spend a lot of time outside, I spend a lot of time reading, I spend a lot of time on the internet. All of these things make me happy, but if the internet was all that did, then so be it. We need to all quit letting what's "cool" and "right" be dictated to us and just enjoy what we enjoy. If you really don't think you should be here as much as you are, I don't see how it could possibly be that hard to walk away, or why you'd even want to if you enjoy it so much. Fuck it.

Reactions: Thanatopsis123
Opeth17 said:
:lol: I love how you lot talk about this as if it were a problem. There are a LOT of productive things to do and sources to use and learn from on the internet as well as great "pub" style places like this to stop by and shoot the shit. We're living in a virtual world and just because it's still considered "nerdy" to talk to people through this medium doesn't it make it any less worthwhile, especially considering the discussion here is either more enlightening or hilarious than the small talk with joe schmoe down the road.

It makes me laugh my fucking balls off that people think they'd actually need a clinic to treat themselves for "internet addiction.":lol: :lol: :lol: Just a product of our fucking wimpy, spineless society, where instead of confronting the problem and overcoming it on their own, through their own strength of will, people would rather whine and be told "it's ok" or even better yet to turn a pill. Everyone in this society is so hopelessly drugged up on useless shit it blows my mind. Medicine is damn near worthless and quite frankly, the power of the human mind is more than enough to overcome anything that doesn't flat out kill your physical being. Shut the fuck up already and deal with it world.

I spend time on here and around the net because I can find people to talk to about things that ACTUALLY INTEREST ME instead of squandering my time on the mindless masses of the real world. The internet is a great tool and it works in a million different ways. Sure, there are some good folk out there in your local community and it's good to get out and have fun, but let's face it, it's a limited pool and that's why we're all here. No one wants to hold themselves back.

What it comes down to is being able to draw a line. I spend a lot of time outside, I spend a lot of time reading, I spend a lot of time on the internet. All of these things make me happy, but if the internet was all that did, then so be it. We need to all quit letting what's "cool" and "right" be dictated to us and just enjoy what we enjoy. If you really don't think you should be here as much as you are, I don't see how it could possibly be that hard to walk away, or why you'd even want to if you enjoy it so much. Fuck it.

so your addicted, then?

There is nothing wrong with being 'addicted' to the internet, no matter what people say. Nothing else in life can deliver information to my cranium at anything coming close to satisfying speeds, except the internet.

"What do bees do during the winter?" Thank you internet for showing me this in less then 10 seconds.

"Is glass really a liquid as some claim it to be?" OH Thank you again my internetastic friend.

"What sort of backstory do Warhammer 40k's Necrons have?"

"How do the Witches of Dathomir go about taming their Rancors anywho?"

"Where can I go around here if I want to try eating bugs and what can I expect?"

"When does the next diving charter leave?"

"Where are all the hotties at?"

Etc. Etc. none of which could happen in any other place then the lovely tubes of the internetworkings.